Monday, August 6, 2012

What a fun party

Doodle had her birthday party at an old church that was turned into an art school. They have all kinds of classes. Inside it is wall to wall fun. Stuff everywhere. I can't wait to take some classes there.
The kids all got to paint one or two pieces of pottery. The theme for the party was kittens wearing sun glasses. So they could paint kittens or fish or both. Doodle's 2 year old brother was the only boy. I sat next to him to help him. He didn't need help. He did such a good job. When he was finished his sister came over and put eye on his fish. He got really mad so I hurried and wiped them off.
My Goose taking this painting very seriously.
And Doodle is the artist. Her fish was amazing. Can't wait to see everything fired.
Little brother checking out the cake.
And my Goose again. She wouldn't eat the pizza. She only eats about five things total. So she ate the meow mix.
Doodle excited over her gifts.
Had to take Hope's picture eating pizza. She ate 1/2 a slice. First time ever. She is picky as well. She was proud of herself. I am sure peer pressure made her try.
My three girls in the center. Getting ready to blow out the candles. Of course her brother had to blow some out as well.
And guess who else was there Mr. Dimples and Eyelashes.
It was a fun party. Love how different parties are these days. SO creative and different.
Happy 9th birthday Doodle. I have loved you since you weighed 6 lbs. XO

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great place for a kid's party! I know it was fun and the kids looked like they had a ball.

Sherri B. said...

Happy Birthday to your Doodle! What a great idea for a kids B.day party..how fun! xo

Anonymous said...

I was a crafty kid so I would have loved a party like that. Since I skipped lunch and am starving, I really should not have seen that pizza because I've already been craving it today!

Happy belated birthday to Doodle...I hope she had a great day.

Grammy Goodwill said...

That looks like such a fun party. My granddaughter went to one this weekend where she painted a ceramic flower also. I love when kids can do things like that.
And what cutie pies they all are!

Kimberly said...

You have beautiful grandchildren. Would love to have Mr. Dimples......eyelashes!

Blondie's Journal said...

I could go for a little bit of fun like this myself! All the kiddies are precious!

XO,
Jane

Susie said...

Debby, What a sweet party. I loved that they did art work. If I ever see MR. dimples...I am gonna hug that cutie pie. How adorable.xo, Susie

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

What great place for a party! I wish we had a place like that close by for me to take classes. We do have one but it's only for kids.

NanaDiana said...

Debby-What a great idea for a party. What a blessing to be there and have such hands on with the kids. I can just see the little guy getting mad when she painted those eyes on for him....lol...same sort of thing happens here. Make sure you show us the pieces after they are fired.

We are having a French themed surprise party for the 10 year old late next week. She has no idea. I need to get busy with THINGS! Have a great day, Debby- xo Diana

RURAL said...

You have the lovliest grands....

And dimples and eyelashes, oh my, I would have him in front of the camera taking shots all day.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams

life in red shoes said...

SCORE 2 POINTS FOR THE LITTLE BROTHER!
I can say this because I am the oldest of 4, I'm sure I've done this a time or 2 ;)
What a fun birthday party, but what kids doesn't like pizza?

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Pizza and cake -- what could be better for a birthday party? Looks like a fun time.

Kelly said...

I love all of your cute nicknames for your grandkids. Those pottery parties look like alot of fun for kids and adults alike! I liked your play by play on the festivities. Ha! I can relate to picky eaters too. My youngest son is a VERY picky eater and is skinny to prove it! I laughed when you said she only eats about 5 things. Soooooo familiar! However, my son has started eating more varieties lately. He'll eat pizza, hotdogs, and pbj sandwiches now. Hard to believe that he wouldn't touch those just a couple of years ago. He's a work in progress.

Custom Comforts said...

Looks like the kids all had a great time. They are so sweet with all their smiles, especially Mr. Dimples. What bright eyes so full of life!!! What a sweet boy.
Cindy

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

I absolutely adore little ones. What little cuties they all are.
I am in love with my newest one..but then I was like that with all of them...still am! Boxes go out of here constantly headed for Georgia and the ones I can't see!
Hugs!
Mona

emily anderson said...

what a fun idea for a birthday party! i'm gonna have to store this one in my brain :)