Friday, August 31, 2012

Good Bye August Dog Days

Lots of pictures coming your wayMy little dog collection. See what blogging does to you. Most of these doggies are spaniels. We have had 3 Cocker Spaniels, 2 Springer Spaniels, 1 Poodle, and one Yorkie.
This is a tiny Springer the first one I got. I bought it to remind me of Matty (Matilda) when she started going downhill. She would go get her leash when anyone would come to visit. She got alot of walks doing that. She was such a sweet girl. We got her from the pound. She was being carried in when we went to look for a puppy for my uncle for Christmas. He didn't want her because he had just gotten a new dog and it was being shipped to him. Our kids said we had too many dogs (3) and we shouldn't keep her. We did and loved her for 13 years until she left us.
This fuzzy one has initials on the bottom. He sits on a little wooden thingy. Not sure what he was made for other than decoration.
I got Max at Urban Society Barn Sale. When I saw the spaniel and then the name Max.......I had to have him. My Dad and my grandson share that name.
Oops, I entered the book photos backwards. This the back of a book I made showing my dogs.
My granddaughter on the left.....my daughter on the right. She got so mad when the three spaniels would sit there and wait for a bite of food. They were starring her down for sure.

Love this picture. This was Chelsea when she was teeny tiny. We won a couch potato award for that shot. That was one loved couch. We had it for years and then my son took it for a few years. Darn thing would never wear out. Another son with Maddy when she was about five months old.
Another son with Maddy as a puppy. So cute.
Matty again. I will have to add Piper to this book.
I bought these wind chimes at the Wine and at Festival. I think they are clay... I wanted them for outdoors but with the winds we have they would be broken easily. They go around in a spiral and are all different kinds of dogs.
See the Yorkie..........
Looks like a spaniel to me......
And look, here are the real sweeties. They are taking a nap in their bunk bed.
Izzy was a Christmas gift from my BFF. She had her mom and dad.
Piper was another pound find after we lost Maddy. We had been to the pound left, and returned one hour later and there he was. No one every claimed him. HE was about 4 or 5 months old. He was been such a sweet dog. He loves to mother all of us.
Good bye dog days of summer. You can take the 90's with you, thank you very much.
HUG your pet today......or your honey.

12 comments:

Nan said...

Nice dog story . We're cool here this am at 46 degrees and rain.

NanaDiana said...

Aw...it makes me miss having a pet when I visit here. God bless you for being such a good "pet mom". I, too, have a dog collection from when I was a little girl. xo Diana

Just Mags said...

I enjoyed this post. Nice dog collection. I had one once but sold them all several years ago and began collecting dolls. Beautiful picture of your sweeties...they are both gorgeous woofies. Hugs

Kimberly said...

what a sweet post! We are both dog lovers. I enjoyed seeing all your pictures.

Cheryl said...

What great photos/stories of your beloved dogs. I am totally a "cat person" although I do have one dog. Once the dog days of summer have gone, then it becomes the "cats curling up on anything warm" days of winter lol
big hugs,
Cheryl

Gina said...

You have such a cute dog collection!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

We are dog lovers here too!

Julia said...

Cute dog collection. Have a great weekend.

JB

Susie said...

Debby, I don't know how you do it..I have one cat and she makes me crazy most times. Loved seeingyour photos. Smiles, Susie

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Debby,
As I type this there are three cocker spaniels sleeping on the floor (two belong to my parents and one to my sister), and then my weiner dog is at the end of the bed! LOL We are a CRAZY dog loving family. I'm happy to hear that your dogs bring you so much joy too! :)
Erica

koralee said...

Your collections of dogs are all so adorable! I love the real ones though..they really do make me smile this September morning. Thanks for visiting me the other day ...your blog is lovely. Happy weekend.

Pam @ Frippery said...

Awww Debbie how sweet and adorable. I just could not live without dogs in my life.