Thursday, June 10, 2010

The little light (s) of mine

These days if it isn't on the "need" list I don't buy it.  I don't go shopping except to Target and the grocery and of course the drug store.  
A couple weeks ago Goose and I went to Doodle's graduation play and I stopped by my favorite store in her town.  It's called Feather Your Nest.  Double trouble.....a 4 year old in tow and nothing in that store is on my need list.  Well, first into the door I saw this candle holder.  I bought a wooden one from Pottery Barn a few years back for my DIL, similar but more rows of candles.  I have wanted one ever since.  It didn't have a price tag on it.  The lady checked and also said everything in the store was 20% off for that day only.  Well, ladies, that was all I needed to hear.  I loved the distressed look of it and I needed something simple for my dining room table.  I love it.  Didn't know if this would go with the table runner that I got in Colorado but it does.  That wasn't a need, either, but every visit to Colorado takes me to a special store there and I treat myself to something special.  So there you go girls,  somedays you just gotta do what you gotta do, right.  Hubby never even noticed this yet, oops, unless he reads this.
UPDATE:  K Bug is doing well.   She eventually ended up with a diagnosis of, not stomach flu but, campylobactor and a secondary URI.  Poor baby, she was so sick.  Well Grammy, yes me, is being treated for the campylobactor but the tests results are still pending. It is possible that I could have gotten it from her or we could have gotten it at the same time esp. since I was caring for her when her mama was in the hospital.  I am feeling a bit better but this has been a kicker.  My immune system has to be so depleted anyway, so that doesn't help.  But this too will pass.  THANKS everyone for thinking of K. Bug and her illness and your kind words and prayers.  You blogging friends are great.

10 comments:

B said...

I love that table runner Debby. Beautiful. I adore your candle holder too. A lot of furniture in my house is distressed too. It's got such great character.

I'm also glad that you and your little Bug on are your way to recovery. I'm going to go Google campylobactor now because I have no idea what that is! :) But I'm glad the docs have figured it out so you two can be on your road to recovery.

Anonymous said...

You did good, the candle holder is very pretty and matches the runner well. Glad to hear K Bug is doing well. Sorry to hear you are on the puny list though...will keep prayers going up for you. Get well soon sweet Debby. Hugs

Junebug said...

Love the candle holder! I glad you didn't pass it up. Now you just get to feeling better!!

Poppies and Sunshine said...

What a great candle holder! I love the color. You can never have enough candles!

pogonip said...

So happy that you are all on the mend now.

Great candle holder, btw!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Your dining room table looks so pretty! I love those long candle holders. :)
Glad you are both starting to feel better. Keeping you in our prayers.

Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

Thank goodness you are all doing better=0)

I love those candles!!! Sometimes.......you just have to buy it=0)

Have a lovely weekend,
xoxo,
Carol

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Great find Debby! Glad you are on the mend to!

koralee said...

So lovely...I love the blue colour...just redid my living room and that sweet candle holder would go so so well. Oh I love Target...up in Canada we do not have them but I live 30 mins. from one so always going down to that store! Hugs for a great weekend...and thanks for saying i look like Katie Couric..you made my day...once while visiting in Boston someone came up to me and asked the same thing..xoxoxoxo

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

I love this too. They have these out at the Round Top Warrento Show every year and have yet to break down and buy me one. Never seen one in color...very nice.
Your table runner is to die for so lovely.
Glad everyone seems to be getting back on the mend.
Of course I want you to have the doll and cross. I just felt bad that the giveaway was not as large as I wanted it to be.
I believe it was your friend that was checking on you in the hospital and not the morphine.
take care of yourself
Love
Maggie