Thursday, May 13, 2010

Poor little Izzy

Izzy has an ear infection and a boo boo on her behinder. I won't get into details but it has to hurt.  We went to the vet and Izzy wasn't happy.  I have to give her antibiotics and ointment treatments.  She loves that as well.
Speaking of antibiotics.......I have been on them  six times in the past six months.  I know, not good.  Pneumonia, stupid tooth extraction (still not healed from 5 weeks ago and four visits to the dentist), then last week a serious infection.  I am so ready to be well.  I am trying.  The problem is that I continue to do everything I always do whether I feel like it or not. Like take care of the Littles.  Mothers can certainly understand, right.  I have been trying to sneak a little nap somewhere near the end of the day.  I did that on Monday.  The last little left at 5:30.  I was to meet my family at Goose's soccer match at 6:30.  Well.......I fell asleep for a "short" while then got up and started to drive to the match.  Delila (sure that isn't spelled correctly) was on the radio.  It starts here at 7:00 p.m.  I got to the match as it ended.  As I walked across the field.  Goose came running up to me all smiles and hugs.  My son and my husband looked a little worried about where I had been.  Then they laughed.  We went to Whitts for ice cream (actually custard, the best ever)and all was well.  So as the saying goes, "On with the show."

7 comments:

Nan said...

You must have really needed that nap, sounds like you are trying to do just a little too much running around while you body has been trying to fight all this infection. Maybe a few more naps are in order.
Dr. Nan

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Oh I hope you feel better soon. I understand how frustrating it is to want to feel good and you aren't there yet.
Glad you felt up to ice cream though. :) That always makes me feel better too.
And I hope your little Izzy feels better too!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you are not doing so well getting over the infections. You may need to slow down and just give yourself a bit of time to heal. Sorry about Izzy too...thinking of you and you will be in my prayers. Hope to hear soon that you are all well. Hugs

Brenda Pruitt said...

All is well, and on with the show. That's what I keep telling myself. I would be in trouble if I took antibiotics. I already suffer the monstrous yeast infections.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Hello Debby
I feel for you about the antibotics. I came down with bronchitis two weeks ago...had to try several things and I was already allergic to 5 antibtoics so it has been pretty miserable.
I appreciate your kind comments on my blog...and am happy to say that the ice box was moved into the living room. It is along some bookcases for now...and may not fit in...but I can't part with it! :) You have a very sweet blog and I hope you have a wonderful Sunday! :)

Nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Debby!! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog!!! I think that you really needed that nap! Slow down a bit, if you can, and take care of yourself! I hope that you will feel better soon!!!

Mara

Unknown said...

I am so sorry...
Oh, take care of yourself sweetie, i am so sad you have to go through sickness....I know how you feel. My back is getting better...It is very awkward but it will get better...Thank you for your kind and loving comments. Your family, Grand kids are so adorable :)
Have a relaxing Sunday.
Oh, i have a Soccer give away on my blog. Don't want you to miss it.
XOXO
Frenchy