Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hello, my friends.  It has been nice and warm here for a couple of days  The snow is melting.  I am beginning to think that spring may be on its way.
Our house finally made it into the MLS system on Monday night.  Yesterday we had two showings.  We are waiting on the feed back. 
Our little Yorkie took off when coming home in between the showings.  If she is on her feet long her back legs get weak.  She went across the street and pretty far.  I was waiting on her as she walked back slowly.  Then I had to bathe her as she was so muddy.  The rest of the night she could not use her back legs.  I was afraid for the worst.  But she got up in the night she was much better.  Whew.
The situation with our son is about the same.  We are trying to do the tough love thing.  Don't think it works well with kids that have special needs.  Yes, he is an adult but he acts like a kid. We did find out that we all signed and agreed to a 1 year lease.  Now we may have a problem about that part.
So that's it for today.  I am hoping to be able to go to the store and post office . 
I hope the weather is improving in your neck of the woods.

9 comments:

Julia said...

Lots of things to be thankful about but there's always something to put a kink in the works. So glad the dog is OK today and your snow is melting and the house is listed.

I hope your son's lease will turn out OK too. I wish things would be different for you so you could enjoy your retirement fully.
Hugs,
JB

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope things work out. It does get complicated. Take care of yourself my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Vicki Chrisman said...

I'm glad your pup is doing ok! I have to tell you how hard I laughed at your little poem you left on my blog about the casket. OH my! It made me LAUGH!!!

Junebug said...

I'm so glad to hear your sweet doggie is okay. Crazy how we get so attached.

I've got my fingers crossed for the sale of your home. With Spring around the corner hopefully buyers will be out and about.

Take care!!

NanaDiana said...

I hope you get some good feedback from your showings, Debby. I sure hope it sells this time around.
I am sorry you are still having problems with your son. You are right-Tough Love does not work with special needs kids. They process things differently and can't help it. Even knowing that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. You are in my prayers. xo Diana

ps. Glad your little Yorkie is okay.

Blondie's Journal said...

Debbie...I'm grateful for your good news...you deserve that. And your other problems...I will keep you in my prayers, I know you are doing the best you can do.

Jane xxx

Mereknits said...

I am sending positive thoughts your way for things to go better with your son.
Hugs,
Meredith

Edna B said...

Oh gosh, my heart would be up in my mouth if my Pogo ever ran off toward the street. He has a couple of times, and I swear I think I lost a few years. I'm so glad your little Izzy got home safely.

Back home, the weather has been fairly warm too. I'm just hoping that the snow does not melt too quickly or we'll have a wicked flood in our basement.

I'm hoping that you get some good news soon from the realtor. Now I'm off to sit out on the porch and soak up some fresh air. My vacation is almost over. Boo hoo. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

20 North Ora said...

Hi Debby - Thanks for the shout out on your platter!

Have a great day!

Judy