Saturday, January 31, 2015

A winter walk down Shady Lane/ Valentines Swap

 
This is our house down Shady Lane. I am standing by our mail box.  This is the snow we got last week.  Our forecast keeps changing for tomorrow.  We are either going to get a ton of snow or a ton of rain.  With the rain comes ice.  I vote for snow.


Now this is from our front door looking down at the mail boxes.  They are to the right of the stop sign.
 
 
Our mailbox.  There are three boxes here.  You have to look through the pines to see our house.  See the little fence on the right.  It still has the wreath from the boy scouts on it.  I didn't like the wreath so I put it there.  I had hoped someone would take it or it would blow away.  Nope it's still there.
My little bug.  You can see where Hubby parks.  We have a 2 1/2 car garage but hardly ever park the cars there.   One reason is if you park in the garage and go into the house from there you go down a few steps, then across the family room and then up a flight up steps to the main level where the kitchen is.  That's one reason we want a house without steps. Can you see Mary and Joseph.  I did put them in the garage after this picture.  to the right of my car by the door to the garage is where the mail lady used to put our packages.  Or just throw them in the snow.  In front of Mary and Joseph is a box.  Now that's where they put my packages.  I have been getting a lot this past week.  Mostly because I am hosting the mini swap this time.  Or sometimes the mail lady stuffs the mail box as in the picture below.
 
This was all in my standard size mailbox.  That gray package was big.  I had a hard time even freeing those packages.
 
I made this Valentine box for Lynn for Viv's Valentine Swap.  That's an old valentine and the bottom closes up.  The little cupid has wings and is in a diaper.  The scrabble tiles fits over the small letters on the bingo card.  I wrapped ribbon around the outside of the box.
 
 
This box was made for Jenny.  We exchanged at Christmas and decided to do another swap for V. Day.  It's a little different with the wood slice and a corrugated heart with the heart paper clip. 
I can't wait to show you all the minis that are being swapped.  I have to wait until everyone gets theirs.
Remember when I said I didn't even have a doll house.  Well I do now.  I bid on one on Ebay this week.  Talk about quick delivery, it came today.  It's still in the box.  I will open tomorrow to see what it all looks like. It's unfinished and has some furniture.  I will have lots of accessories from my mini swaps.  My husband said it was great that I had a new hobby and it would be something else we have to move.  I told him it's a MINI hobby and it doesn't take up much space.  I know he is so excited to help me put it together.
Well everyone have a good Super Bowl Sunday.  I hope the northern part of the US doesn't get buried in snow tomorrow.  As long was we have electric, that's okay.

OOPS, Last chance to sign up for the giveaway.  I will draw this week-end.

15 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Love your wintery walk! We are both planning to attend a super bowl party and worried to leave the house due to the 12" of snow in our forecast! Dollhouses are very addicting! Have fun with yours.

bj said...

Super Bowl Party coming up for us. Making lots of good snacks to take. Rain here all day....

Arlene G said...

What pretty snow. We are supposed to have flurries in the morning here in Alabama. We like to see it snow but we are not prepared for any big amounts. Isn't Valentine's Day Fun??

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Snow makes it difficult, but it sure is beautiful. We keep getting the rain, that eventually freezes, no fun.

Love fhe swap hearts you decorated. Viv's swaps are always fun. Looking forward to seeing the mini swap goodies and your new dollhouse. More to move, tee hee. :)

Edna B said...

What pretty photos of your house and the snow. Lasdt year, my son in law bought me a mail bin that is for packages. It is about three feet tall and sits below my mail box. (my mail box is on my house) It has a lock on the door where you get the packages out. Makes it safer when any of us get meds or packages in the mail.

Your little swaps are adorable. Do take photos of your doll house when you get it set up. I know you're going to have lots of fun with it.

We're getting ready for another huge dose of snow from storm Linus. Gosh, I can't wait for Spring!!!

You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Julia said...

Your house looks cosy behind the trees and all that white pristine snow. I think that the wreath looks very decorative on the fence. It's still winter and it adds a touch of color which is lacking at this time of year.

Have fun with your swap... I looked for Mary and Joseph but couldn't see them. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Have fun with the Super Bowl.
Hugs,
JB

Mereknits said...

Your house looks so lovely tucked in those gorgeous trees. Love the heart swaps.
Hugs,
Meredith

Connie said...

Your heart swaps are wonderful and your snowy photos are so nice that I would think about using the one of your house on my next years Christmas card :)
Have a lovely day and keep warm.
Connie :)

Susie said...

Debby, you got plenty of snow. I love all your goodies you received. What fun. Stay safe out there, it's going to be slick. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Relyn Lawson said...

Your home is so lovely covered in snow and tucked back in among the trees. Lucky you.

A Joyful Cottage said...

Your property is beautiful, Debby. Love all those trees! ~ Nancy

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Debby! How funny that we both have done a post on the snow around here! I love your deep front yard! Thanks for your quick visit--I just posted it! That makes it quite fun! I hope you're doing well, and staying warm. I know what you mean about steps. That's why we moved to our "cottage," although we do have stairs to the den, but we don't need to go up there much, and the basement, of course. I can't imagine how we'd manage without a basement! LOL

Thanks again! ~Zuni

Poppy said...

I vote for snow, too, Debby; it's so much more fun and pretty, isn't it? Thanks for the little tour around our lovely home. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Poppy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Well, I just came in from outside and it felt like Spring. Loving it, but we really need more snow. Hope you don't get the rain and ice!! I love how your home is tucked back inside the pines. So very cozy!! The wreath looks like it is cute to me, and it must be strong willed. Ha, ha! Love your sweet Valentine swap! I did one last year and it was so fun. Had too much going on this year to participate. Can't wait to see your dollhouse!
hugs,
Jann

AppleApricot Wen said...

Such a lovely swap and How cute is that cupid! Beautiful snow photos Debby, it looks so peaceful with the trees.