Friday, November 1, 2013

A Parade of Pure Cuteness

I love this parade.  All the elementary kids parade around the school block.  Not only are my two grandchildren attending this school but several others that I have taken care of in the past years.  Also there are neighbors and friends children and grandchildren.  These are just a few of my favorites.  Here is my Goose, of course.  She was all giggily and playing the part.
See all the leaves.  That's from last nights storms.  There are still lots of leaves on the trees and they are still very colorful.
Here is the principal leading the parade.  He loves it.  Last year he was the Grinch in green tights.  I think Duck Dynasty is a little better.  But I am wondering how many elementary age kids watch that show.
Remember China Girl and her sister O.  Here is O.  She is so shy that she didn't look like she was having fun.  She still looks exactly the same as she did 2 years ago.  And the next one is China Girl.  Oh my gosh she was all bouncy and excited.  And how adorable is she in the Strawberry Shortcake outfit.  I had hoped that we would have a long term relationship but it didn't happen.  I loved watching these two.  We had so much fun.
This is Carter. 
I watched him about three years ago.  There are pictures of him on the blog soon after I started blogging.
Fuzzy fussy.  I want a new camera.  This is Miss Gabby from last fall and the year before.  My camera batteries died right after this.  She has lost a lot of teeth since I last saw her .
And here is my grandson.  He is Secret Service.  Wonder why he chose that.  Little Mabel photo bombed, hah.    The next picture of him is what he looked like after the parade.  His Mama had to tuck in his shirt.  I kinda like this look.
My little neighbor girls.  I gave them the duck outfit and all four of her kids have worn it.
I snapped this while I waited at a light.  Check out the flower box......it's a beauty shop.  So funny.
 
Well I will return as we still have some haunting to do.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

now this is the best of Halloween, wonderful photos!

Susie said...

Debby, How cute and funny. It was good to see so many outfits and they did seem happy. I wish kids could be happy all the time. Blessings for a good weekend. xoxo,Susie

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That looks like it was fun! I can't believe all the leaves on the ground.

Julia said...

How lovely that the ground is carpeted in beautiful leaves and the kids are on parade around the school.

What fun to see all the cute costumes and the kids are so excited. Thanks for sharing the Halloween photos.
Hugs,
JB

genie said...

Oh, Debby...These photos are precious. What a wonderful example of Halloween as it used to be. Thanks for putting a big smile on my face. In the 35 years we have lived out here in the boonies we have had ZERO trick or treaters. So sad.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love a parade...especially at Halloween! All those leaves look like our yard right now. That window box is fantastic.

Perfectly Printed said...

What a great idea to have the school children parade around the neighborhood! Your photos are great!! And the window box is too funny!!!

Sue said...

Small towns are so much fun at Halloween! Loved seeing photos of the kiddos- yours and the baby-sat ones. It was a soggy mess here on Thursday so very few kids were out. Now what to do with all those treats? LOL

Shirley said...

Hi Debby, My middle grandson dressed up as a duck dynasty character and that was what was on his birthday cake. Yes, he does watch it. They brought the kids to the nursing home in their costumes. They had some really cute one and even some of the adults wore costumes. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

This was so much fun to see! Thanks for sharing all these little babes in their costumes.
Erica :)

Marissa said...

Oh how I wish I lived near you..look at all the fall!! It doesn't look nothing like that over here. Your pictures are adorable

Edna B said...

Great photos. It looks like everyone was having a fabulous Halloween. Our yards are covered with leaves too. Brings back memories of when I was a little girl walking to school in the Fall and kicking the fallen leaves as we walked. I'm glad to see that the children enjoyed their holiday. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

vivian said...

cute pics! our little school used to do a parade around the school too with the kids all in costume. Im not sure if they still do or not.. its been a lot of years since Ive had a kid in elementary school!
I LOVe the heads in the window boxes.
have ag reat sunday
xoxo
vivian

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

So darn cute! :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

What a wonderful tradition! I can't imagine there are too many schools that hold a parade on Halloween, but I would love to see one. And how nice that you know so many of the children and some of them are your grandchildren. Fun!!!

Art and Sand said...

I love the parade, but even more, I love the sidewalk of leaves. That isn't something we see in our area.

★Carol★ said...

I loved it when our daughter's school would have that parade through the neighborhood every year for Halloween. It was always fun trying to spot her little friends too. This post brought back such wonderful memories for me!

Susie Q said...

These pictures just make me happy! Such fun! We had almost 200 kids even with the nasty conditions. Always a great time! Lots of little ones too so it's good to see young families moving into the neighborhood!
Love,
Sue

Dewena said...

I don't think the schools do that around here but I love it! The leaves on the ground and all those happy children. Couldn't be more perfect.

At Home in English Valley said...

Hi Debby, Your love of children is my favorite thing about you. All those kids... you've had a special part in their lives. They all looked adorable! So sweet to have the parade, they'll remember these special times, and you! Love, Penny

bradmaddox said...

The Best Lol n Troll Network with the Name of Lols Gag... Troll Images, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, funny planet, funny facts, funny cartoons, funny movies pics, iphone funny, funny jokes, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited.
LolsGag.Com

Unknown said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

ryan james said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com