Tuesday, October 22, 2013

It's Cozy Blanket Time

It's fall, one of my favorite times of the year.  Snow is also in the forecast.  I am happy.  (So sorry, Hubby, I know how you hate driving in it)
First I want to apologize for these pictures. Some are blurry.  These are my furbabies trying to both sleep on one lady bug pillow.  They don't touch each other very much so this is a special picture.  Piper the bigger dog will go lay on this pillow even though it is the little dogs.  Then sometimes this happens.
My dear little L.  My surrogate granddaughter.  She was out of school the other day.  Her mom asked that I watch her as she wanted to spend the day with me celebrating my belated birthday.  Her mom had to take her little brothers to the sitter before I got there because she said they would throw a fit if they didn't get to stay with me.  This family makes me feel so special.  So, L.'s mom gave me a card with money inside for lunch and whatever else I wanted to do.  We had lunch at California Pizza .  L. wanted me to choose my favorite place.  I choose here, because I know it is her favorite place.  Then we went to craft stores, Pier One, and a Halloween store. Our last final visit was DQ on the way home.  We had a great day.
My little Goose is growing up too fast.   (Next picture) She is 7 but looks younger in this picture.  I got to watch just her last Saturday morning.  Here she is in her jammies. Then the other son called reminded me , that I had said I would watch his kids and their friends little boy while they all went to the OSU game.   9Originally they said they would cancel if it was rainy, and it was) So Goose and I went over to their house.  Goose's Dad and my Hubby went to a girls golf state tourney.  But Hubby came and sat with all the others while I went to Goose's soccer game.  I had missed two in a row and will miss this week for a wedding.  Oh my, it was freezing and in a downpour.  The couches let them play for awhile and then called the game.  So glad that I got to see some of it.  SO glad that I also got to spend one and one time with Goose.
While the adults went to the game M. and I watched the OSU game.  I was being a cheerleader, hah, and Max came downstairs with all of this.  He is really into sports and knows more than I do for sue.  Go Buckeyes.
Here is M. at his flag football game.  I can't still believe they live here in the village and we can go to these events.  I was taking pictures of his cousins and sister at his game.  I tried to get one of him alone and he said, " I was wondering if you forgot about me."  Never, sweet boy.  (Just noticed that that is my neighbor in the background and one of my daughter's favorite friends in H.S......love this place that I live in)  Since blogger is being a bit stubborn my pictures are out of order.T
This is Mabel joining in on our football game.
Here is Mabel on her Uncle B.'s lap.  We actually all call him that.  My Hubby and my other son are the others.
Mabes playing around.  Her Mama starts work tomorrow at her new job.  It is perfect for her.  In Colorado she was certified to teach Yogo and Pure Barre.  She is now going to work at Lu Lu Lemon.  Fitness and fashion........her degree is in fashion. (Go Noles) So Mabel and I will be spending a lot of time together.  So excited.  I still have Baby O and her brother and we have to work that all out.  I have room for two little ones in my car and three need pickups from school plus a baby on board.  More pictures out of order........M.'s cousins, my granddaughters at M.'s game.  Goose is sitting on her soccer ball and K. is sitting on her basketball, their favorite sports.
So.....it is Cozy Blanket time.....inside and out.  I am a happy camper.

P.S. Things that have been on my mind lately......
1.  Trying to organize my time since it has gotten crazy busy.
2.  My DIL is rearranging my whole house as a birthday gift to me.  It is a blessing but stressful.  Some things I didn't want changed.  Some things I didn't want to get rid of.  But I am thankful.  I turned down her services today as I need a day of rest.  She may have not been happy with me but I need to slow this process down.
3.  The owl swap......I need to get in touch with everyone and make sure they know they are making 5 to swap, one to keep.
4.  That little girl Maria that was found in the gypsy camp.  Oh my, it stirs up my emotions for sure.
5.  So excited....my daughter and grandson and granddaughter are coming to visit after Christmas for 10 days.  This is a first for her at the holidays.  It helps that my son and his family that lived 5 minutes fro them are now here.  I know they all miss each other.  I am thrilled.
6.  Sometimes it is hard for me to leave the house when I don't have to go somewhere. Like today, I need to go to Target.  I will as soon as I am done here.
7.  I know I am forgetting the other things on my mind and that also bothers me.......my memory.
Off to target.......Get your cozy blanket on.  xo

20 comments:

Susie said...

Debby, Bless your heart, you just can't help yourslef. LOL I think you would watch all the kids at once if you could. We do tend to worry , sometimes about things we can't even change...I too,am touched by the little girl found .xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

such a happy happy post, you always give us such a good visit, beautiful children, such a great time you had, you are well and truly loved,

Julia said...

Hi Debby, you have such a big heart for those children and there are so many of them, I don't know how you can keep up. There must never be a dull moment at your house. As I get older, I find that I need more time to myself.

I see why you need a day to rest and take stock of what needs to stay as it is. I don't think that I would like having someone rearranging my things and trow away some of my stuff. This could possibly be an emotional situation that also could possibly put some strain on your relationship.

Thinking of you.
Hugs,
JB

genie said...

YOu have to have the biggest heart in the world, gal. You and all of the children. They all adore you. Loved seeing all the kids and their happy faces. Don't do too much..try to get some rest now and then. Let us see photos if you get snow. We are getting colder here. genie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You sound so much like me. I have to make a list of what I'm worrying about sometimes and see what I can get accomplished. It seems like everything piles up. You've made a HUGE step in allowing something to help you get organized. I don't know if I could do that. I actually like to organize....I just hate getting rid of anything! haha! I keep trying to get more and more stuff in this same little house! The photos are so sweet...happy smiles! Hugs!

Lutka And Co. said...

So nice to read your happy post! It is indeed wonderful to be surrounded by so many loved ones :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Aren't you loving up your grands. So many sweet pictures and special memories. Hugs to you and your fur babies.

Blondie's Journal said...

Your puppies are so much like mine. The little one wants to be by the big one and he wishes we never got her! They remind me of Charlie Brown and Lucy!!

It looks like sports play a big part in family fun at your place. That's one thing I don't miss now that my kids are grown. I think it's hard to just follow along with one child in several sports and activities, but I had four!!

You have a loooong list. Looking at lists overwhelms me. I more or less decide the night before what I plan to accomplish the next day. So happy to hear your daughter and family will be visiting...that's something great to look forward to! :)

XO,
Jane

Junebug said...

Isn't Grandma duty marathon tiring! But, I know we wouldn't want it any other way. One of my grandson's friend said, "you are lucky your Gramma come to all your game"! It made me feel sad for him. So Debby here's to those wonderful Grand kids that keep us young!

pogonip said...

You are so lucky to have your littl'uns live so close to you--and they are extra lucky to have you so close to them!

SImple and Serene Living said...

You really are busy. I envy you having your grandchildren so close. I miss mine like the dickens. xo Laura

Marissa said...

Such a sweet sweet post! Made me happy!

Dewena said...

Those are lucky grandkids, precious but very lucky! You obviously love it all. Maybe not so much though your house being rearranged? I know when I have watched HGTV and see the crew come in, sometimes I think it looked better before!

Edna B said...

Such a happy post!! It's good to see you having so much fun and really enjoying your grandchildren. These are very lucky children. I thought the animals' photo was darling. They are just like little kids. Now I'm off to do a few errands. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Holly said...

Wow....you ROCK! Not sure that I would survive that many children :) I love your "list"! Love seeing pictures of the children. You are going to be very busy, but thankfully it's a happy busy, my favorite kind! Would love to participate in the owl swap! Thank you so much for asking. I am in the owl mood, D#2 wants to be an owl for Halloween! Have a wonderful night, Holly

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Aw Debby I loved my visit with you today. I felt like I was there with you talking and see you with your gorgeous smile telling these adventures.
What a Blessing you are to all of your kids and your friends too. Include me in there too.
I do wish we lived closer. I would mow less and visit with you. lol
Can't imagine someone rearranging my home and getting rid of stuff. I know it would be nice to de-clutter especially my upstairs but I would hate to imagine if my DIL were doing it I would not have much junk of mine left. hahaha
Love
Maggie

At Home in English Valley said...

Love that your life is filled with family! Nothing better than kids...and plenty of em! Take care of yourself too! Have a great weekend! Love, Penny

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Hello Debby, what supersweet pictures! Just popped in to say that my five little owls are on their way in the mail and to wish you a lovely weekend. You asked about how to be a follower on my blog "følg denne bloggen" - the blue button,norwegian for follow this blog...hope that helps. Blessings, Pam

Poppy said...

Hi Debby,

I so enjoyed reading about your lovely day with all the children! My goodness, what a compliment it is that a sweet little girl wanted to spend the day with you! Made me smile!

Your grands are TOO cute!

I appreciate the honesty in your list and hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Poppy

Art and Sand said...

How fun to have the time with your grandchildren.

My daughter never planned to move back to town and now that she is home, I think she will find the right person. The right person being a man who is as active as she is and lives in town. I always dreaded the thought that I would finally get grandchildren, but never see them.

Hope you get your snow. We were supposed to get rain, but it didn't come.