Thursday, March 28, 2013

Spoolie Swap/Prayers for Izzy our Yorkie

The first two pictures are of the spoolie that Jean Knee sent me and the other goodies that arrived with the spoolie.  Isn't the little porcelain bunny adorable.  He sits on a little tissue Easter grass on top of his spool.  We both said we thought we would like our spoolies plain and simple.  I loved mine.  We also had the same ideas of sending each other craft supplies.  I love all the things that Jean sent me.  My ribbon supply is really low so this will come in handy.
 
The above and below pictures are of some little gifts that Sweet Penny sent me.  She is always sending something my way and if I could reach through the screen and give her a bug hug I would.  Thanks Penny and thanks Jean.
 
OKAY.....I told you that our Yorkie needs surgery on her knee cap.  It keeps going in and out of place.  The vet said no hurry.  We were getting the funds together.  I just said last night that considering her other health problems (breathing and stomach) I wouldn't do it BUT what happened if her other knee would go out.  Well today we had visitors.  I noticed that all of a sudden she couldn't walk.  Both legs weren't working.  When and if she walks she goes sideways and her back legs collapse.  It is pitiful to watch.  She doesn't make any noises like she is in pain.  She ate but she always eats.  She can't get to her comfy spot and when I put her there she can't get comfortable.  She is at the end  of  the sofa and is sleeping.  I am so worried.  She is 8 1/2 .  Her other problems are minor.  We have run lots of test and nothing stands out.  I will take her to the vet tomorrow.  Say a little prayer for her please.  If anyone has had this problem please let me know.  It doesn't seem to be the knee cap, it seems to be her hip.  The vet said when he took the x-rays that her other knee was okay.  The last two days have just been not happy ones.  Thanks.  I will post tomorrow and let you know.

9 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your little Izzy! It seems that every day, someone's beloved dog is having health issues. Why oh why can't they just live as long as we do??? It's heartbreaking to watch our little BFF's suffer.
I will be praying for Izzy!
Erica :)

A Little Creation said...

I hope the vet has good news for you and Izzy.
Chris =]

vivian said...

aww.. your poor little puppy. its so hard to watch them get old and have problems. Im sending up a prayer for her.. and you!
hopefully the vet will have a good plan for her.
keep us posted!
xoxo
vivian

Holly said...

Poor sweet little Izzy :( We have a yorkie, Pip and she is my constant companion. She is 7years old this month. The vet said that she could possibly have knee problems later on and that one knee looked more problematic than the other. Thank you so much for sharing Izzy's story, I will definitely be looking for signs of knee trouble. Saying prayers for little Izzy, Holly
ps. I blogged about my adorable banner. It looks so cute in my craft room, I will have to leave it up year around. Thanks so much!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers for Izzy! I'll be anxious for updates.

Unknown said...

Poor baby Izzy (she'll always be your baby right?)-
I pray there is good news for her at her doctor appointment.

Julia said...

I'm sorry to hear about your little dog Izzy. It's heart breaking when they no longer have a quality life.
My heart was so broken when we had to get the vet to put ours down that I couldn't get another little dog. After my three cats were too old and their quality of life was gone, again I cried for days when they had to be put down. I just can't get another cat or dog.

I'll keep Izzy in my prayers and hope that she can be helped. It will be very costly for the operations and repeat visits and medicine.
Hugs,
JB

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Praying for your baby....((HUGS))

Blondie's Journal said...

Sometimes when we favor one leg (or arm), we cause damage to the other. Could that be it? Your Izzy is not old at all...I would see what the vet has to say. I know you're hurting, I'm sending many thoughts and prayers.

XO,
Jane