Sunday, October 7, 2012

Friday Fun

Friday was the first day of the Rural Antique and Garden Sale in Mt. Vernon (Ohio).  It is always a fun time.  It is on the most beautiful farm.  several little buildings and a large barn or two.  A huge sycamore trees with sheep grazing close by.  Doggies and chickens and kitties adding to the country atmosphere.  The trees were beautiful on the drive and pumpkin farms dotted along the way.  There are several vendors scattered around the farm.  Lots of vintage and some antiques.  I fell in love with a long - 10 foot farm table.  The perfect kind to use outdoors for a get together.  It didn't fit in my VW bug and the price didn't fit in my budget.  Beautiful anyway.
The chickens weren't supposed to be the first picture.  Blogger is challenging me today.
There was this beautiful pile of autumn harvest.   And you never know who you will run into.
Look here's Sue (Sullivan and Murphy).  This was a planned meeting of course.   And here is the tall handsome guy that keeps showing up.  He belongs to Sue of  course. 
But I did run into Paula my Country Living friend.
Here is the house that we all want to be our house.  I think they call it the Spring House.  This farm has been featured in Country Living magazine and FOLK magazine.
I liked these signs alot.  They don't fit in a bug either.
This manly 3D witch looked interesting.  Thought I would try to make one.
And look at Sue.  She is linking to a blogging party.From here we went to The Ole Mill where Velvet ice cream is made.......yum yum.  We had lunch but no ice cream..  When we were ready for ice cream a tour had just ended and they were all in line.  But no worries, we ended our day at Whit's in Granville.  We also went to Polly and Keely's chocolate and vintage store,   White Cottage in downtown Newark, and a new vintage store......
I will post more pictures another day.  Sue, Tall Handsome Guy and I had a great time.  The weather was good and so beautiful. 
Off today to watch Doodle's little brothers.  She gets to go see Amy Grant with her parents.  I will spend the night as Laken is taking me out for breakfast for my birthday tomorrow.  She doesn't have school.  It will be another fun day, I'm sure.

15 comments:

Susie said...

Debby, Glad you had some Friday fun....but what was it?? I didn't see any photos or read any story. xo, Susie

Sherri B. said...

You always are doing so many fun things...So much going on in your neck of the woods. xo

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

We never have anything fun to do like that here. So I just go to the consignment shops. Have a great birthday tomorrow Debby.

Julia said...

Debby, I can't believe all the fun you are having. It must be why that you always have such a million dollar smile on your face. Keep having fun.

JB

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Fun times!

Susie said...

Now Debby that does look like fun.xo, Susie

Kimberly said...

Looks like a fun day, Debby! Amy Grant - I would like to see her perform.

Jo said...

Looks like you had fun...I know you did with Sue around!

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Didn't make it this Fall to the show. I had a much awaited weekend with my family. Staying off my foot and not doing any unnecessary walking. Glad you had fun!~Hugs, Patti

Anonymous said...

I have never been to the sale in Mt. Vernon. It looks wonderful - definitely have to put that one on my list. Happy Birthday too - sounds like you have a fun day planned!

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Debby, Let me wish you the happiest birthday ever. You seem to have happiness with you most days, and I love that about you. Enjoy your day! Love, Penny

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

We love all the same things. I wish I could have chickens...I have to settle for birds.
:)

Gammyshouse said...

fairs, crafts, doggies, chickens and friends. What a FANTASTIC combination!!!! Reading your post reminded me that I'm not having enough fun. I need to plan more things on my schedule... doing the things I love!!! Thanks for the reminder Debby.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

It looks like a great day, Debby! Did you wind up getting anything?

must love junk said...

Debby, I forgot that you're in Ohio, too :)
I'd love to go to this show...looks like lots of fun!
Susan