Friday, June 29, 2012

My finished sampler/FRIENDS

I finished my Happy Stitch Along Sampler. I took an online course through Big Pictures with Amy Powers. It was so much fun. You were to make squares that made you happy. Each day Amy would do four squares for us by video. You could do your own thing or copy hers. She is super sweet and it was just a blast. Now, I haven't stitched in probably 25 years, really. Amy's style is chunky and so was mine. Some did theirs more artistic and borrowed images to put on their squares. For the most part mine are original. Do you want to hear what makes me happy? If you don't that's okay, I won't know the difference. But skip the list and read about the banner.
The frist row: Cozy (for my blog), Teddy Bear, Flowers to represent the friends in my life, a cloud and some rain(I do like rain and wish we could get some)the last in that row is corn stalks and pumpkins. It was so hard to get a good picture of this sampler.
Second row: feet representing my Faith and that I love to smell little baby feet. (Weird, huh),
my green bug, a bird's nest with different color eggs representing my kids and how they are all different, sunshine (makes us all happy when it isn't 100 out)and a cupcake. That represents celebrations....birthdays, cancer survival, etc.
Third row......my camera. (I got the most comments about this), my granddaughters, a puffy heart to represent my marriage, my grandsons, and a mason jar (blue, of course) with buttons.
Fourth row: A bird on the hill (Amy's idea), me as Petals the Clown, a banner (love banners), my house on the hill, a cup of tea. (another Amy idea)
Fifth row: a pretty rose button, the Colorado mountains (when not on fire, they need RAIN, too) actually to represent Dillon Lake in Frisco, my Springer Piper, my Yorkie Izzy, a spruce tree and a snowflake (you know I love snow and I live on Spruce Drive).
Now what should I do with my sampler. I am open for suggestions.
I forgot to tell you.....each square is only 1 and 1/2 inches by 1 and 1/2 inches. Teeny.
Please send me your suggestions.
Now the friendship part. Just want you to think about this and then I will officially post. Elisabeth from Creative Breathing is doing a friendship banner. Silly me signed up for it and didn't realize that you had to be invited. She also suggested that we do our own banners with our circle of friends. So, my friends do you want to do this with me. And guess what.......it is open to all of my friends. So let me know what you think. No talent needed. I will decide on a shape and size and you can decorate it however you want to. I would want you to make one for each person participating. Simple and sweet. There are no rules to follow. Then we will have something to remind us of our bloggy friendship. Let me know........I will offically post later but your comments now will help.
Off to my home town to check on the Mom's. One isn't doing too well. Just going downhill we think.
Have a great week-end. ((((((HUGS)))))

14 comments:

Jo said...

How cute!

Polly said...

love it Debby!!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Love your sampler! The baby feet thing reminds me of when our daughter was a baby I used to smell her feet and wrinkle my nose and say "Ewww." It used to give her such a case of the giggles.

Gina said...

That's adorable! I love how each row and each image has personal meaning.

Nan said...

That sampler is so sweet and it is tiny, not sure what to do with it outside of frame it under glass.
You could make a bag out of it too framing it with fabric used in the bag. On the banner I'm making one over on E's blog. Nan

Cindy said...

What a busy gal you have been. Love it. I would so frame it and hang it where I could look at it everyday.
Thank you for inviting us to do a banner. Right now I am swamped with the garden...and the main ac just broke this morning on the house on wheels. But I would love to swap 1 with you!! I always look forward to getting my friendship ornaments out for Christmas. It just makes me feel like my girlfriends are close by.
Hugs and squeezes..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Cindy said...

What is on the background of each square?

Cindy

Jane said...

Debby, your sampler looks wonderful! So personal! I was thinking you could make a special pillow, but probably framing it would preserve it better. Definitely a keeper!
I'd like to get in on your banner swap, but how many would we make? If it's 6 or maybe 8, that would be good. Not sure about more than that as I have several other things going - or that should be going on. Keep us posted, ok? I'm doing one with Chris of Perfectly Printed but I think we just do one for her. Sounds like a fun idea :)
Jane

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Debby-
Your sampler is a treasure! I think you better preserve it under a cute frame and hang it somewhere where it can be admired every day!
Jill of "Life On Wienee Ranch" has asked me to swap 1 banner piece with her. And I'd gladly swap one with you too! :)
Erica

Susie said...

Debby, I love your sampler...the meanings are great. One of my favorite squares is the camera. Too cute !! Smiles, Susie

NanaDiana said...

Debby- What a wonderful sampler. I LOVE each and every square that you poured so much work, time and energy into. I think the camera one is my favorite..although the clown is right up there, too.

I don't think I can sign up for the banner thing right now-I just have too much going on. xo Diana

Junebug said...

Love it, love it!!!!

At Home in English Valley said...

Great job Debby...my favorite is still the blue jar with the buttons. How about making the sampler a small pillow you can hang..from a peg, doorknob, off a mirror or picture frame. You've got the stitching thing going on girl. Love, Penny

Brenda said...

Love your sampler! I signed up but have only bought the fabric so far. Do not live close to the shopping (an hour away)so I was not prepared when the class started. Had some other projects in the works so decided to start when I could. Hopefully in the next week or so. Going to collect images for my list first.