Wednesday, June 29, 2011

May the 4th be with you













What do you do on this holiday? Our small town has a big celebration for four days every July. There is a street fair complete with rides and entertainment. Lots and lots of food, class reunions and fireworks happen during these four days. You can't get to the post office, the banks, the drugstore or the downtown stores. They are open if you can walk there. We also have a mile long parade. It is so much fun just walking around seeing people that you haven't seen for awhile. I don't know how much of this we will do this year. It is going to be hot I hear. 4 of the little grands will be here this year. We'll have a cookout for sure. Happy 4th to all of you. Thanks to those that serve for our freedom.


The window boxes are on our garage windows. They need a cobweb intervention.
This week I am cleaning inside the house.
Next week I plan to organize my craft space. I signed up to show it off to all of you on "Where crafters create". What was I thinking. I actually thought that maybe this would give me the boost I need to get organized. So those webs will have to wait their turn.









5 comments:

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Hey there Debby.... Loving your 4th decor..... WOW, it will be one wild weekend in your neck of the woods. With all that has been going on here, I am spending some much needed downtime reading and relaxing.... Enjoy....

Anonymous said...

You are all decorated and ready for the 4th I see. I don't think I have ever seen a celebration anything like you all have on the 4th. I bet it is fun around there.

We stay home and keep all the neighbors from burning down our home. Fireworks usually fly all over our yard and atop our home. We dread every 4th because of that. We don't get much sleep either, too noisy and have to stay up making sure nothing catches afire.

Have a fun and safe weekend and holiday sweet Debby. Hugs

Decor To Adore said...

Summertime and the living is lovely at your house!

Happy 4th!

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

I love the primitive doll and other decorations. And your window boxes are lovely. The fourth is all about family here. It's also my daddy's birthday. He would have been 100 this July 4, so we're having a special celebration. Happy 4th to you and yours.

Mandy England said...

Lol, the title of this post just cracked me up! :) Love it! And I love your patriotic decorations!