Thursday, June 9, 2011

Road Trip

What do maps and tourbooks have in common?


Does building a sand castle give you a hint?




By car, by plane, by car and by plane again......these two adorables will be there.








And these four will also be there.







I am so excited. We leave tomorrow (by car) for the beach. This is a first ever family trip. The last time that all the babies were together they were just that babes. The three that are five were less than a year old. It was Christmas. It will be a zoo with us all under one roof. Let's see.....4 vegans, 4 organic only, 2 gluten-free celiacs, one vegetarian, 2 with very limited likes and one normal eating person......Grampy. 8 adults and 6 children ages......8,5,5,5,2,1.
Are we ready for some fun. Ooops........must do the checklist.


Two new tires (after last week's blow out) check


dogs vetted and ready to go to be boarded (sob, sorry doggies) check


car serviced check


dentist apt. for son (later today)


few groceries for the trip (later today)


buy beach toys check


buy baby pool for Baby Q. so he will stay out of the big pool (not yet accomplished)


find a high chair (later)


Mail package (soon)


Clean house (that probably won't get done)


Pick up prescriptions (soon)


Pack.......(almost forgot that one)


Okay, there is my list. I can do it. I think I need to get started though. So I will be absent from my blog and yours next week. But, I will be back and be prepared for all the pictures I will be posting.




P.S. Hubby hit a deer last night on his way home from work......only two miles to go. The car has some serious boo boos. He was able to drive it for an estimate.
Not going to let this worry me, nope I'm not. Maybe you should pray for our safety. Thanks.













10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, what fun you have ahead for you sweet Debby. Will for sure pray for your safety. Sorry about the deer accident and the car damage. Have fun and enjoy your precious family. Hugs

Julie Harward said...

I feel your joy...it will all work out..just pray and go! God bless, have a super family time! :D

Brenda Pruitt said...

Have loads of fun with those bigger babies!
Brenda

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

Safety indeed I wish for you and your special people. What a fabulous time you will have and memories too.
Looking forward to hearing about your adventures, dont forget the beach toys.....

this free bird said...

you're gonna have the best time ever Debby!! load up on snacks and car ride games--the rest is up to bathroom breaks and roadside pitstops :)

xoxo,
Carrie

vivian said...

sounds like a wonderful trip! cant wait to hear about it when you come back!
have fun!
vivian

Unknown said...

Debby, I am so excited for you family! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. I see that we are both in Cindy's swap. I hope you will allow me another chance to drive to meet you for lunch and pick up the "package". It would be such a pleasure to meet you! Elizabeth

bj said...

O, you will have so much fun. Family vacations are the best. We have been blessed to go on quite a few family trips and always have so much fun.
Let's see, ...our last family trip was a cruise...14 of us (some in college couldn't go) and we had a blast.
Have fun and be safe.:)
xo bj

Donna said...

How fun Debby! Have a great vacation! (With grandbabies..of course you will!) :o)

Sorry to hear about the deer. We have so many around our place. I sure hope we never hit one.

Have a lovely and safe journey.

xo
Donna

Relyn Lawson said...

OH! You all are going to have a marvelous time. I can't wait to hear about it. Be sure and take lots of pictures.