Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little cabin in the woods

This little house is very tiny. It sits in an upscale neighborhood near an old mansion. The mansion, Bryn Du, used to be owned by Dave Longaberger. The last two years the village of Granville took over the ownership. They have art shows and special events in the main house and the other buildings. But this little house sits all alone. There is a newer house close to this and the mansion. I love it, how about you? I could imagine living there. It has very weathered green shutters, beautiful stone and looks like two fireplaces. I'd love to see the inside. I am surprised that it hasn't been demolished or at least moved. Seeing the small trees and those three little shrubs makes me think (or hope) someone is taking care of it. Some day, maybe I will find out the history and share it with you.
A cold week-end here in Ohio. Stayed in and stayed warm. Sure makes you thankful to have a warm home.
I've been thinking..........I'd like to have a heart swap. Anyone want to do this. We could just make one or make a few to share with others. Leave me a comment if you have interest.
Tomorrow is another day off. Off to the doctor to see if she can mend this ole body from its aches and pains. Stay well and stay warm.
l

15 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I LOVE that little house in that setting!
Brenda

Sonny G said...

It looks like a fairy tale setting. Love it.

NanaDiana said...

I love that little house. How wonderful that it is being used to host events. If I didn't have so much going on I would love to do the heart swap...just not enough time right now. Good luck at the Dr tomorrow- I am off to see one myself on Tuesday. xo Diana

Kimberly said...

what is a heart swap?

Nan said...

Oh I do love that sweet old house, interesting to learn more about it.
Oh I would love to do a heart swap.

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Heart swap?? I did not know Dave Longaberger owned that? It looks like something that would be in a painting especially with the snow around it. Very pretty! I know what you mean about aches and pains....I need to move more before I get too stiff! Good luck!~Hugs, Patti

Grammy Goodwill said...

What a quaint little house! I hope you have a good appointment with your doctor tomorrow.

A Brit in Tennessee said...

Isn't that the sweetest little house, could be it was the groundskeepers cottage !?
What a wonderful little place to call home.
~Jo

Debbie said...

Love that lil house!!! So quaint looking.
I am not sure what a heart swap is???
Stay warm here in Ohio. It was a cold weekend, wasn't it? I didn't go anywhere!
If your doc gives you something for the aches and pains, share it please!!! LOL. I saw my rhematologist Thursday and I am on prednizone, UCK!

God Bless~
Debbie

Polly said...

it's so cute!! love it!!

Faded Plains said...

What a sweet little house!

Suzanne said...

Oh Debby, I would love to be curled up by a fire in that little house in the woods!
Thanks for your sweet comments:)
I hope and pray your dr. visit went well and she is able to take away all your aches and pains!
Blessings to you...
Suzanne

Susie said...

Debby, I love the little house. I love things with a history, don't you? I really get mad when i see how fast some town are willing to tear down things rather than mend. If things were built better sometimes, they sure would last longer. Smiles, Susie(She Junks)

Sunny Simple Life said...

I am so sorry you are feel those aches and pains. The cold sure doesn't help. Love the little house!! Cozy.

Jodi Nelson said...

Would love to know the history of this little cottage. I dream of having something like this someday.