Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Doodle

I went to visit my Doodle yesterday. We have a special bond. I am her Nanny.....I watched her when she weighed six pounds and until she started school. She has a special place in my heart. Her pre-school teacher once told me she could only hope that someone would love her as much as Doodle loved me. It is so true, she loves me alot. When she was little she always wanted me over everyone else. She still calls me from, what I call the Hello Kitty Hot Line, whenever she wants. Our families have blended in a special way.

Doodle took this picture of me. She kept saying, "Put this on your blog." She has never seen my blog but she sure seemed like she knew all about blogs.
Now a year and a half ago along came Baby B. He wanted nothing to do with Nanny. He even turned his head and sometimes cried. Doodle's family thought it was so funy that he didn't like Nanny since I was so loved by Doodle. They would say, "Oh no you have to like Nanny." Well yesterday Baby B. decided he liked me. Mom stepped out to get some groceries. Baby B. has been crying lately for everyone except his Mom and Dad. I feared what would happen. He decided he really liked my straw.....then my cup of iced tea. So I went with it. I dumped the teat out and just put ice cubes in the cup with the lid on. He loved it. He played with it for a long time. Doodle wanted me to see something on her computer. So we went into the office. When she was done, she said she was going to call her cousin on Skype. Well she did. Do you know where her cousin was.....In the Ukraine. She was there visiting her grandparents. It was so much fun. I knew Doodles Aunt but I got to meet her aunt's family. Now how cool is that.

Back to the cup, hah.



Check out his lashes.



By the time Baby B.'s Mom came back he was my buddy. He even tried to push Doodle over (twice) so he could sit next to me. He gave me kisses. Oh this Nanny is so happy that he finally likes me. Yeah.


Oh, Doodle and I filled her treat bags for her birthday party next week. I am always invited to her kid parties. So funny. She always wants me to sit by her. I know one of these days she will outgrow me. I told her once when I was picking her up from school that she could and get me someday from my nursing home and take me on rides


Later last night she called on the Hello Kitty phone to tell me she rode on a ride at the festival and got sick. She said she just wanted me to know.


Love you back bunches Doodle.

11 comments:

Julie Harward said...

That is so sweet...everyone need a special someone don't they..you and her and him..very cool! ;D

just call me jo said...

You are all three very lucky to have each other. I'd bet Doodle will always love you best.

NanaDiana said...

Debby-I love your special bond with little Doodle. It is much like my relationship with my youngest granddaughter. I am loved without bounds and, as you know, there is no better feeling- xo Diana

Cindy said...

Hello how could they not love Nanny!! You are one special woman!

Doodle will never truly outgrow you...she will just talk less...but she will always need a hug from her nanny!!

Hugs..and someday we will hug..Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Junebug said...

How sweet Miss Doodle is and your special bond. I am so glad that Baby B. has finally come around. What adorable grand kids you have!

bj said...

I have been blessed to have all my grands living close. I am a part of their lives and I am truly thankful.
Yep...I have the 7 grandgirls and 3 of the HANDSOMEST grandboys. :))

Your little grands are precious. Mine are all about grown..well, except for Deeds..:)

Decor To Adore said...

Oh everyone should have such a lovley Doodle. :)

Pam Kessler said...

Such a cute family. I am picturing her picking you up at the nursing home too. Hopefully that will be a long time from now.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--they are adorable and I hope she feels better!!!
XO
Cindy

Donna said...

What a sweet story Debby. There's nothing more precious than our little grand-ones is there?

I was on the Skype with Lena, my granddaughter and she just cackled out loud with joy seeing me. I can hardly stand it--it feels like my heart will burst. :o)

I'm glad you get to see your grandchildren. Mine are all far away.

Love,
Donna

Kimberly said...

they are both adorable, Debby! I am glad he came around and likes you.