Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Happy Flowers

This is not the post that I had planned for today. I sure do love my sunflowers. Well, not mine, the sunflower guy's from the Farmers Market. I got some for me and some for my bestie that had her knee replaced last week. I also got her family McDonalds food. A great friend I am to buy them junk food when they are recovering.....but......that was what sounded good to them.
What I am not happy about:
Our government
The elderly man at the drugstore with a huge bag of prescriptions. He told another lady it was alot of meals. I am assuming that he meant the meals he could eat if he didn't buy the prescriptions. Then his credit card was denied and he had to talk to the bank right there. I felt so bad for him and for our elderly people that can't afford their meds......and that may not get their social security checks in
August..........grrrrrr.
Mean parents at Walmart. That is why I can't shop there.
Not happy that the deer ate my flowers last night.

Things I am happy about:
Having time this summer to spend with family and friends. Do I really have to go back to work soon?
I have A/C (yep, I said that before)
All of my blessings including my blogger friends.

Okay, happy thought, happy thoughts, happy thoughts.....................

12 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Love sunflowers too, always so cheery! Poor guy with the meds, breaks my heart. Our government is not in good shape for sure..wondering what or who can help! I saw a parent at Wally world being too kind, he just let his child pull everything off the shelf and throw it on the floor! ;/

Cindy said...

My favorite flower!!Thanks for sharing with us.

I hear you have special company coming in the mail!!

Yes we are in serious trouble here in America...it is going to get really interesting.

Have a great and happy day!!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Heather said...

Hi Debby! Love the sunflowers! They are one of my favorite flowers because they are so cheery!

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I too love sunflowers and am just frantic at the thought of the elderly going without.

Be blessed!

Karen Mortensen said...

I love sunflowers. They are so pretty.

Grammy Goodwill said...

I know what you mean about meds vs food for many of our elderly. I also feel your pain with the deer. I'm down to one hosta now. AND, dear hubby told me he's glad the deer ate them because he hates hostas. I think he's luring them into our yard. Have a great day.

Brenda Pruitt said...

That's what I'm worried about in this divorce. That I might not get all my meds. I checked to see what my current meds cost without insurance per month: $1890, and I don't even have high cholesterol! Jeesh!
Brenda

Sue said...

Hope I'm right up there in your count of blessings as a blogging friend, toots! :-) The sunflower I bought at the farmer's market in Tipp finally bit the dust this week. Sad little yellow petals all over my kitchen counter.....
xo Sue

Unknown said...

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You made me very proud.
I read you are a mom of 4 children too.... It´s great.
Have a nice day.
Hugs Tanja

Pam Kessler said...

I just love sunflowers. I think part of the reason is that they seem to last so long.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous sunflowers. I feel so sorry for those who are barely making it and those who cannot afford their meds. That poor man, bless his heart. One sees all kinds at Wal*mart and that is for sure. I have seen some mean parents a few other places but there are more of them at WM. Hugs

Splashes of Pink and Mint said...

Yep, have happy thoughts!!!! Please try to forget the bad ones, they make you feel misarable. Look at those beautiful sunflowers and count your blessings! (But I understand your irritations and in case of the old man: your powerlessness and anger)
Hugs, Elly