Friday, July 22, 2011

Just peeking in on you


Just checking to see if all my Bloggies are staying cool. This heat is not good. It makes my head hurt. (Yep, the headache is back) I took my Mom to the doctor yesterday and that takes alot of driving. ( In and out of the car) But another good checkup on her leg. I am heading out to visit my bestie who had a knee replacement. We have some rain and there is another weather alert scrolling on the telly right now. If it is going to be hot then it might as well rain, right.

Tomorrow my husband and his sister move their mother into assisted living. That is going to be so hard. She is failing fast and she just isn't safe. She will have a hard time adjusting. Change isn't ever good for her. My sister-in-law got her an answering machine a few years back. She cried for a week just having it. Seriously.

So girlies, I just wanted to check in you. I thought this picture of Mabel looked like a little turtle and perfect for my post. Stay cool and safe.

10 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Little Miss Maple has brightened my day! I hope things cool off soon - for both of us!

Sue said...

Miss Mabel really does look like a turtle! :-) Sorry about you MIL's condition, but if she needs more care, then it's the best thing to do. Stay cool, yourself. I was out in the yard yesterday and I kept coming in for water and cooling off breaks. It was brutal! ♥ Sue

Kim-A Creative Spirit said...

Isn't this Ohio heat a killer???? SO tired of it... Yep, the storm is coming as I write this but we could use a cool down with some rain.

Heather said...

It's been very cool here in California. I have a feeling a heatwave we'll be coming soon. Next week I am traveling to the east coast and am hoping it won't be too hot! Stay cool!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Cute photo! We had the hot weather earlier this week...yuck!
How fun to get together with other bloggers. I go together with Carol from The Polka Dot Closet yesterday and we had great fun!
Happy weekend.
deb

bj said...

O, I remember when we had to move my daddy into a home...we all cried for weeks...but...he grew to love it..really. Lots of older men to visit with, he was close to my house and I was up there a few days of the week and..later, he was well enuf for me to take him out now and then.
Good luck to you hubby and family..it will be ok...I promise.
xo bj

Jo said...

This weather has been awful It rained for abt a second here tonight - just enough to make it more miserable Hope you are staying cool.

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture.

Will pray all goes well with your hubby's move and the move.

We are all well here just trying to lay low and stay cool. Hope you are keeping cool and taking care of yourself. Praying the headache goes away and stays away. Hugs

Kimberly said...

good luck to your husband! its not easy and stay cool! hot in NJ too!

Blondie's Journal said...

Today it's 85 after hitting 100 on Wednesday! I don't want to see another day like that again! Stay indoors if you can and have cool drinks.

I feel so bad about your mother in law. I think it's hard on everyone. Hopefully she will adjust soon.

Take care, Debby.

XO,
Jane

P.S. Miss Mabel is precious!!