Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday My Sweet K. Bug

My oldest grandchild turns 7 today.  We so anticipated the birth of our first grandchild.  She came into this world as an unexpected emergency and her little heart didn't beat for 7 minutes.  We thank God that the nurse knew what to do and got that wonderful heart going so we could met her and love and her and cherish the day she was born.  She is amazing.  I always think of the Carpenters song and this line, On the day that you were born, the Angels got together and decided to create a dream come true."   I think they had second thoughts and didn't want to leave her here with this doting family.  But in the end they blessed us (on Palm Sunday, no less).  Thank you God and the Angels.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Debby, It's Elizabeth of Creative Breathing. I just wanted to tell you that you put a laugh in my heart with your "7 Underwares" story this morning! I loved the picture of 5 cent Cokes and grain elevators. Wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing! Elizabeth

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

So darling at 7 aren't they. I love your story about her and Praise God she was okay and you guys have had the joy of having her. My sweet granddaughter turned 8 in November but in July she was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. My life has not been the same since...devasted me.
Love your post about he polka dot suitcase. When I turned 60 my kids sent me to Las Vegas and also gave me a set of pink and brown polka dot luggage...you are right everybody laughs at a older women pulling it but hey it was a gift and I love it. So sorry about yours being damaged. I would of been upset...hahaha Ole Pearl would of came out I guess...
Taking my lunch break from mowing
Love
Maggie