Thursday, January 10, 2013

Alot of Things

I read on ME's blog and some others about a new shipment of ME products at Michaels.  ME herself said they were throughout the store and some were $1 and others more.  Since my Hubby got me a gift card to Michaels I had to go, of course.  I looked all over before finding them all in one area near the back of the store and all for $1.  So sweet.  Little cross stitch sets, paper dolls (my favorite......dolls, clothes and little scenes) note cards, notebooks, pens, paper packs)  Then at the checkout they had all kinds of Christmas ME things for a quarter.  I passed on those.  Almost an insult for ME. 
I also found this gnome.  Can't figure him out.  He is lightweight, probably plastic.  Eyes, and cheeks painted. His thumbs are a little chipped.  He was on clearance for $1.50.  I am going to try to paint him and see what happens.  I couldn't just leave him there on the clearance rack by himself.
Isn't this a cute little owl.  It's lip gloss, hah.
Okay, now for the other stuff.
We are hearing alot about the flu and deaths caused from the flu.  Please take heed.  If you haven't had a flu shot you still can.  It takes a couple weeks for them to be effective.  I posted on FB about this and right away someone posted about what was in them and she wasn't putting that in her body.  Well, I am sure that there are some of you that feel the same way and that's okay.  But just remember it was two years ago that my cousin got sick and died from H1N1 three weeks later.  It was an ugly death.  Her lungs crystallized making it harder and harder to breath.  Nothing helped.  Our hearts were broken over her death.  Do you want to go through that or have your family go through that. 
Today I had a nice lunch with a former co-worker.  Her father is one that I have asked you to pray for.  He has cancer and has been in the hospital so much. He is loosing his job and his insurance.  She is only 26 and lives at home.  She said that their life (hers and her parents) is pretty much over, meaning financially.  So sad, but so true.  She is giving all she makes to keep her family going.  It still was a good visit.
So I walk in the house.  The phone rings.........my DIL in Colorado telling me my grandson is sick......I get a FaceBook message from my son telling me why he thinks he needs to move (this is the one with a disability and the one that doesn't make good decisions).....then I get a text from my daughter in Colorado and so does my DIL that my granddaughter may have broken her ankle and is being put in a cast.  Then the daughter calls and I get off the phone with the DIL.  Then the dog throws up twice on the carpet.  Okay, this all happened in about 30 minutes.  .......And I don't even have kids at home.  Well, other than the ones I babysit.  They were easy today compared to this one half hour.  Geez.
Same dog was sick a couple days ago but then got better.  She has been limping now for three days.  Acts like she is not in pain.  I made her a vet appointment for tomorrow.
the HEART SWAP is filling up.  I will post the names in my next post.  I think I better quit while I am ahead.
Joy Joy Joy
 

29 comments:

Kimberly said...

sometimes I buy ME at Michael's also. My good friend LOVES ME so sometimes I buy her things. Now your blog looks different today. I love the bigger pictures and the font looks bigger. Have you changed things? I am still having trouble with pictures.

Gina said...

Wow, what a day!

I think that little gnome is adorable!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, time to go to bed and pray for a better day tomorrow, thats more than one woman can bare!! Take care!

Unknown said...

Oh you have had a full day! I hope everyone gets better soon and your furriend is ok. The ME's are very nice I love the paper dolls too... we never get too old, huh? But, the cost of the ones at the checkout...wow, they do aggravate you sometimes! Thanks for sharing your day with us. Take care.

Warmest Regards,
Loretta

Julia said...

My goodness Debby, you had a rough day for sure emotionally. I'm sorry about all that is happening around you yet you still proclaim Joy, Joy, Joy.

I hope that the sick will get better and the ankle heal quickly.

Hope that tomorrow will be filled with all good news.
Hugs,
JB

Blondie's Journal said...

My husband gave a ME spiral calendar for Christmas...it is darling. I don't know where he found it, I just love her art.

I get my flu shot every fall. My daughter has had a cold/flue for 3 weeks and today I started to feel the congestion in my lungs so I am praying I'm not coming down with it.

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Even the things that don't directly affect us make us stress out. Hang in there!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

Some days are like that, aren't they? I had a day like that last week-it just kind of throws you for a loop. I hope things settle down. I do not believe in flu shots and I worked in a hospital for many years...but guess what? This year I got one. This flu is the worst one that has hit the US in many years...it is deadly in some cases. I would urge people to get the shot though, rather than the mist....just a personal preference...the mist is a LIVE virus...the shot is not. Blessings to you- I'll say a little extra prayer for you and your family tonight- xo Diana

Jane said...

Oh, what a day you've had, Debby! I do love your ME goodies, though. Sure hope everything's better tomorrow!
xoxo Jane

Jo said...

I use to think that life would settle into quiet once the kids moved out...nope not at all..Hope tomorrow is a better day

Tammy's in Love said...

Coupons and Michaels and fun! Coupons and Michaels and fun! Oh My!

Perfectly Printed said...

What a day!! Hang in there and say your prayers.....all will be well!

Hugs, chris

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Well that was a crazy 30 minutes! I sure hope that all the kids are ok and get things figured out!
The gnome is too cute and will look great with a paint job.
You reminded me that I too have a Michaels gift card that needs spending!!!!
Erica :)
p.s I am PRO flu shot!!! Great Job on being an advocate!

pogonip said...

I bought a cute gnome a few years back and painted him as an elf instead--he's my favorite Christmas stocking hanger now.

Thanks for the heads up--Michael is now on my to-do for this weekend!

RetroSandie said...

I always get a flu shot every year!! I don't want to take chances and get THAT sickness! I did have a nasty cold, but it seemed to go away-right now I think I've been suffering fromsevere allergies, but if I don't feel better (even though I take allergy meds) I'll have to trek to the docs. Anyway-I agree-flue shots are important!!!
I'm sorry about your horrible 30 trauma-time! That was overload! Hopefully all will go well and everyone will be dealing with their infirmaties just fine.
And gee, thanks, now I feel like RUNNING to Michael's to check out the ME stuff. FOR 1.00!!!!! That's right up my alley and I love everything you got! Oh, maybe the gnome was part of a class and never finished. I know they put class-used stuff in the clearance bins. Be sure to show us when he's painted!
Hugs, hope tomorrow is better!!
Sandie

Marissa said...

Wow you got me thinking about the flu shot!..Scary! I need to get over my shot fear and just do it! Thanks for sharing that! :)

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Debbie,
It looks like I need to make a Michael's run this next week. I love ME and have so many of her darling creations.
Oh...What a sweet bunch of grandkids.
You've been blessed!
Carolynn xxx

Unknown said...

Tough day for you-I bet it felt good to crawl in bed and get some sleep. Give your body time to recoup after all that. I hope today is going better.
XO

Lady Jane said...

THANK YOU. I saw how you figured the posting of pictures out on garage sale gal and now I can post. Thank you thank you thank you.... For the love of minis, and our cozy abode Lady Jane....

Lady Jane said...

MY you had a rough time. I have been there once or twice myself and those times are sure testing our stamina thats for sure. Hope thing are getting better. I love that gnome and will be back to see him done. LJ

Laura said...

Hello Debbie,
Wow! I've been on that rollercoaster. Our Prayers are with you.

must love junk said...

Well, you had a heck of a day! (Or should I say half hour?). Hope things get better! Just look at your little gnome...he would make me smile :)
Susan

donna said...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.
Hugs
donna

Edna B said...

That's thirty minutes I don't wish on anybody. I hope after a good night's sleep your new day was a much better one.

I just adore those paper dolls! I guess I'll have to check out Michaels to see what I can find. Hope the upcoming days are fairly quiet and peaceful. Hugs, Edna B.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Debby, you sure did have some day, great finds and then disturbing family news. Yes, I did get a flies shot several weeks ago and thankfully the local health dept had a free clinic as our insurance does not cover the cost (go figure).

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

That was an intense 30 minutes!

I stopped getting the flu shot a few years ago and my husband decided that this year he wouldn't get it either. He has a lot of contact with the public and I think he should reconsider in light of the severity of this out break!

Love the gnome! I have a thing for gnomes. So glad you rescued him and I think he will look fabulous all painted.

Susie said...

Debby, My gosh, when it rains, it pours. You are in my prayers, and the family...plus your friends with the sick dad. How very sad. Surely there will be help out there for them. It's 8:00 p.m. and it's raining...sounds like one of those non ending rains. the ground is pretty much saturated, there'll be mild flooding. I hope tomorrow is better.xoxo,Susie

Sandy said...

Hi Debbie,

Wow what a day! Hope today is filled with less chaos. I popped in to thank you for stopping by and leaving your dog story! Unbelievable that the poor frightened dog jumped in your car and wouldn't get out. I tried to reply to your comment on my own blog but it's not letting me reply. Thanks for visiting. I hope you'll drop by again. Now I'm going to take a look around at all your crafty creations!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I sure love all of the sweet ME things you got...especially the paper dolls. I wish I lived closer to that store! Sweet hugs!