Sunday, December 9, 2012

My babies/Cup of Kindness Swap Goodies

This is my pound puppy Piper.  He is a boy with a girlie name.  I edited this picture........not very good at editing, hah.  It captures his sweetness.  He mothers our little Yorkie, Izzy.  Usually it is Piper on this couch.  He roots around, knocks the cushions off and ends up under them somehow.  Usually all we can see is a nose or a paw.  Now here is "The Princess and the Pea".  (Love that story, don't you?)  Here is Izzy on top of a big quilt and a pillow or two.  They are so funny together.  Izzy bosses Piper.  He licks her ears and worries about her when she is outside.  Izzy is on a restricted diet........She gobbles down her 1/4 cup of food while Piper can eat all he wants.  (He is only 26 pounds, small for a Springer Spaniel.  So he will take a piece of his food and drop it on the floor for her to eat.  Izzy is 8 years old and Piper is 3.  Izzy was a Christmas gift from my BFF that recently moved to Florida.  She had the Izzy's mommy and daddy.  And Piper was from the pound.  His story is a magical one that I have posted about before.    Love these babies.
As you probably already know, I hosted a Cup of Kindness Swap.  Not my original idea.......I participated in one a couple years ago.  It was so much fun.  Of course, us swappers can't just fill up a special cup, we have to add some goodies.  I hope all the swappers will post their goodies when they receive them.  I actually swapped with two lovely ladies.  That's what happens when you have uneven numbers.....I'm not complaining because I love doing this.  One of my swapping buddies was Vivian from http://vivonawhim.blogspot.com/ .  She is an amazing artist that works full time, crafts constantly, always entertaining and babysitting her little "pies".
She sent the cutest box of things.  I know she must have made this adorable vintage looking snowman with the tree and deer.  I am starting to have a little collections of vintage goodies like these.  She must have made the beautiful J O Y banner.  I love my banners.  A nice big mug.....with some chocolates hidden inside.  A cute ME pen and journal and some stationary with a D on in.  I at first that it was a P.........oops, it was upside down.( But a P would have been okay because my clown name is Petals)  The mug had some vintage cookies cutters tied on the handle....ooooh cute.  Last but not least was the red and white polka dot friends sign.  Oh wow, I love it all.  Thanks Viv.  I love a little Christmas early, don't you.

25 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love your babies!!! doing like having a few dogs in the house. enjoy the rest of your weekend, Debby!

Jo said...

My baby is a pampered puppy too! Hope all is well w you I am done w shows for the yr now on to Christmas1

Unknown said...

OMG your babies are so cute!
Isn't it amazing how wound around your heart they become. It's funny to know Izzy is the boss-Jada is definately the boss which she
has to remember Scully of all the time-lol

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I love our furbabies! They bring joy all day long!
WOW...Viv did an awesome job for the swap! Nice treasures!
Warmly,
deb

Julia said...

Wow! That's a lot to fit in a swap cup.

The dogs are, cute. It reminds me of my little rescued Chihuahua dog, Peppy. He used to hide himself under the pillows too so I made him a little sleeping bag. He would plough his nose in there and turn around and go to sleep with his little nose sticking out. He didn't bother going under the pillows after that. It was cute to see.

Have a great week debby.

JB

E said...

awww sweet babies and your treats are wonderful I always wish that I had jumped in when I see the precious goodies shared xo E

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Wow, you got some very nice goodies and there is nothing better than something that is "homemade!" Your little dogs look so comfy and cozy!
Thank you so much for stopping by..I always love to see you!
Merry Christmas!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Your babies are precious!

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

My in-laws used to have a Yorkie named Tinkerbell. Tink was quite a feisty little thing. She would yap at our golden retriever whenever we visited. He ignored her. Piper is just adorable. Sounds like a real sweetheart, too.

Susie said...

Nice the dogs get along. I like the old fashioned Christmas things too. xo,Susie

20 North Ora said...

Your babies are just precious!! Your swap looks like it was alot of fun.

Judy

NanaDiana said...

Love your sweet babies- Aren't' they funny together? Your swaps are so much fun- I love all the things you get and you got VIV...whoo hooo...she is so talented. xo Diana

Julie Harward said...

I LOVE your Piper and the other babies, he has found a great home with you, give him a hug for me! The swap looks fun too, have a great month! :)

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

What precious little dogs. I love the story of their relationship; it is so tender. They really can bond with one another.

Our first kitty is in love with ourToy Poodle. She only meows to him, and she plays only with him. When I send the toy out to play, she comes running to greet him. They chase each other back and forth across the yard and then rest beside one another. She ignores all the other adopted cats.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

What great little gifts you got, Debby! I'll bet it did feel like Christmas came early opening up those goodies!

Marissa said...

Oooo I wish I could have one dog!.. Love yours.. One day when fence our back yard maybe... just wish they came potty trained!

Deserae said...

Your babies are such cutie pies!!! What wonderful goodies you got in the swap too :o)
My littlest Yorkie Teddy,is the boss and my other Yorkie which is twice his weight let's him boss him around all day long! They are such characters aren't they?
~Des

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Debby, nice to meet some of your "family" members. Piper has the saddest looking eyes. Izzy looks quite the mischief maker too. Thanks for your visit to The Frog & Penguinn.

Margie said...

Love your doggies Debby and your cup of kindness goodies are fab. Hope you get your second cup from me very shortly although it has a fair way to travel!

Decor To Adore said...

Now those babies are the best decor I've seen all season! :)

Michele Kovack said...

Your pups are so darn cute! Love all of the goodies! It is so much fun receiving a surprise before Christmas!

Unknown said...

Loved seeing puppies! I have a pound puppy too although we laugh and say we rescued him out of puppy jail. He ran away from his first home and the owner never came for him. We call him The Famous Tazmo and we have now idea what he is famous for other than his flight from his first home. My pups are on my sidebar on my blog.

Viv is one of my favorite blog girls of all time. She is as special as they come.

Happy Wednesday Debby!

Vicki said...

Love that name Piper! What a fun swap. She did a great job with that snowman.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I always love seeing puppies. Yours are such adorable little cuties! What wonderful swap items!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

How did I miss this post? I love your babies! We are OBSESSED with our dogs around here, so I know the feelings that you have for them!
Viv sent wonderful things! This swap was a ton of fun. My "CUP" went to Susie a couple weeks ago. Poor Susie isn't feeling well at all! So I will post when/if she sends a cup, but for now I have told her not to worry about that.
Happy Holidays to you!
Erica :)