Thursday, December 20, 2012

A last look around the house/ Little's List

Just a few more pictures of my not so fancy but COZY house.    Reindeer from Creative Breathing.  Snowman from Viv on a whim.  Little VW - me.  My first VW, actually first and second.  I love seeing the trees on top of trucks and cars.  I even have a rubber stamp with that and earrings.
The bear hugging tree with fits on one side.  The other side is filling up as I get things wrapped.
A view of my dining/living room.  We spend all of our time here.  I want all new furniture and wood floors.......not for Christmas just wishing sometime.
The Joy banner from Viv, this is kind of my mantle since the fireplace is downstairs in a room that we don't use.

The doggies.  Piper says that enough with the pictures.  I didn't edit these pictures, so colors are way off.  We haven't had alot of sunshine lately.
Furby.  He is from the first batch some 15 years ago.  He has been in hibernation for a long time.  Doodle was here and was determined to wake him up.  It took 24 hours and bam he was awake and driving us crazy.
Doodle gave me these cute birds for Christmas.  Except I said they were fish......that's what a marathon headache does to you.  Yes, I have been checked out.  A neurologist this week and I am now on steroids...........and having the effects of those right now, but that too will pass hopefully with the headaches.  Which brings me to glitter houses.  The sideways picture....no patience for editing today.  These are my treasures.
The top one was from E. in Tennessee, the blue one I made and the bottom one from Little Susie Homemaker.  There is a pink one that didn't make the picture.

On Sunday Doodle and I made these three.  My granddaughters had to cancel so we made theirs for them.  On the red ones that is glitter.  I gave Doodle the whole bottle of glitter.  We had glitter everywhere.  Even the papers that I had to take to the neurologist had glitter on them.  He was such a pris, conceited type, that he really freaked out over the glitter.  I am not kidding.  The appt. went downhill after he noticed a little glitter on those papers.  He thought he had it on him.  Don't think I will return to him.
Okay, that's all I got.  Not a fancy smancy house, but it's COZY and it's ours.  Thanks for sharing your homes with us.  It has really made my Christmas.
(((((HUGS)))))  I am trying to move forward but we all need hugs right now.

If you aren't asleep yet, I thought I would list what the littles want for Christmas......I am using real names even.

Katelyn - Build-a-bear locker  (9)
Allie - American Girl Doll      (6)
Elliana - American Girl Doll  (6)
Quinny - Fireman House   (3) (He had to have an EKG yesterday to check his heart murmur.  It was okay)
Maxton - The Earth and the Moon  (6)
Mabel - The princess book that you punch out crowns to wear, and Power Rangers (yep, you read that right) (4 on the 31st)
The three surrogate Grands:
Laken -  Anything stuffed (9) ( I made her a doggie out of socks) 
Ben - (2 1/2) Dora (hah,)
Bransen - (15 months) cars
It's a good thing that Grammy (also aka Nanny) found alot of money.
I enjoy hearing what kids want for Christmas, don't you.
Oh, have to share this....only one American Girl Doll was full price.  The girls each get these as a special over budget item only for a Bitty and one that looks like them.  I scored big time this year.  since I have been in the house alot because of this headache......I happened to see Deals and Steals on the Today show.  I got two Marie Grace dolls, including the books and the accessory kits including shipping for $110.....total.  It took a hour to get the order to go through but it finally did.  Then they were sold out right after that.  That is like a $75.00 savings.  They had two choices.  One vanilla and one chocolate.  The Marie Grace really resembled Mabel and Allie.  I can't wait to see their faces.
Okay this time.....I am signing off.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would much rather have a cozy home than a fancy one. I love all your little houses and other decorations.

Unknown said...

Debby, I'm coming to expect sideways photos from you! They are your trademark now! OMGosh! Did that cute bear come attached to his tree? I just love it! Love Viv's snowman, so cute, as well as all of your Christmas houses. Wishing you a joyful Christmas day Debby! I hope we can get together in the New Year. Elizabeth

Polly said...

looks so pretty Debby! and that dog is a cutie!! Merry Christmas!!

Polly

Jo said...

Time to find a new neurologist to much of a stick in the mud! Should've told him it was Santa glitter and if he gets rid of it Santa won't bring him his sports car
Have a great Christmas!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The houses you made are so cute, Debby. I love the tree on the vw bug too. I am going to make putz houses for next year.

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

I hope you get over the headache. I'm so sorry; I know how bad that can be. The doc sounds like kind of a nutjob. What's wrong with a little glitter?

Your glitter houses are so cute. I saw some in a gift shop the other day and was tempted. Never thought of making them!

Relyn Lawson said...

I've been missing my blog-hopping time, and I wanted to pop in with a quick hello. I've been missing you. I hope you are having a very, very wonderful holiday season. Merry Christmas, friend.

Susie said...

Oh that bear holding the tree, how cute.I love the vw with the tree. I am going to get me an old toy truck and put a bottle brush tree in it. Love that. xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

What fun to see all your treasures, Debby! I would rather have a cozy, warm, loving home than a fancy one any day of the week. We do the same thing with the American dolls- One bitty baby when they are little and one of choice when they are old enough to make the choice.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas...and say...I was wondering....how do you get the houses to stick to that sideways shelf?;>o -ducking and running away- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

so much beautiful going on in your home, .What a lovely tradition with the dolls, I love your glitter houses, I can't believe that doctor would freak about a little gliitter, what a wuss! I think we could all use a little glitter, Merry Christmas to you my friend, I hope you feel better soon,

Dewena said...

I'm so sorry you've had these migraines and hope that you feel much better soon.

Not much of a bedside manner, right?

Those sweet doggie faces will make it up to you. Love them, and you, and your pretty Christmas decor.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Your kidding that doctor freaked out over a little glitter. What the heck is his problem. Crazy Right.
I do hope your headaches are gone by the time you get this comment. Horrible to have headaches especially during the holidays.
Your home is lovely and cozy. What more could we want.
We are all Blessed and another year has gone by and I am so grateful to still have you as a good friend.
Merry Christmas Honey.
Love ya
Maggie

Tammy's in Love said...

Keep the glitter, ditch the doc! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Amazing how someone could get so worked up about glitter?! Especially when those glitter houses are so darn cute!

Marissa said...

Thanks for letting us into your home its beautiful!! I love how you decorated! I am curious about the doggie socks for Laken...

Miss Merry said...

Thanks for the kind words. I love your cozy decorations. I did see the American Girl sale, but not until they were sold out. What a deal! With all those grandchildren, you deserve the savings. Merry Christmas!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It all looks so pretty. Have a very Merry Christmas. I have an originaly red Furby somewhere in the house!

Nancy said...

So sorry you're suffering with headaches, Debby. That's not fun. Amazing that you still pulled together a charming and warm Christmas in your home. Cozy is so much better than rambling, in my humble opinion. Feel better soon, okay? Prayers for you and a Merry Christmas. - Nancy

20 North Ora said...

Debby - Your home looks so cozy and ready for the holidays. Can't believe your doc freaked out over glitter! He'll wear it for a few days probably. ha.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Judy

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

Those little houses are so darn cute!! funny story about the glitter and the doctor, I would not go back either.

pogonip said...

Lovelovelove your little putz houses. They are on my to-do someday list. I'm betting your dr. has no little girls, lol.

Great buy on the American Girl dolls. Wowie! I'll getting one for the new grand-daughter in a few years. I can hardly wait till my sweetie finds out how much they cost!

pogonip said...

A quote popped up on Pinterest today and I thought of you ;)

"She who leaves a trail of glitter...is never forgotten."