Thursday, December 27, 2012

It's a wrap

We had such a nice Christmas and it sounds like most of you did as well.  I know there are some that didn't for one reason or another.  So, I hope for the coming year that this will be a good year for all. 
Even though I like to keep Christmas simple and it isn't all about the presents.......my pictures seem to be.  I love the expressions on the little ones faces.

We were missing our daughter and her family but we were able to skype.  Our little guy was so excited.  He got a new fire truck that squirts water.  He pretend squirted us for 20 minutes.  We acted like we were getting wet and he thought that was so funny.  I had to include the one below........that look on his face.  My daughter thought I was crazy for taking pictures.  I wanted to be able to share how we got to see them.  She doesn't get the blogging thing.
His big sister showed us her latest dance routine.  She kept knocking over gifts and bumping into the tree or just go completely out of the range.  Love this picture of her and her dimples.

She got to have the day out with her mom yesterday and got to go pick out her American Girl Doll from Grammy and Grampy.  (my money find was well used)

The marshmallow shooter was a big hit until Miss Mabel got her skin caught in it and her dad had to take the gun apart to get it out.  Grammy was so upset that I had bought this.  So beware if you get one.  Do not load it against your tummy, esp. if you are three.






We played Headbandz.  I want to find the Disney version.  Grampy got this necklace and the flag needlepoint pin from his granddaughters.  He got the turkey card.  Had to have a picture of that.
See we did do something other than presents.  Luckily my husband saved the holidays by going to the grocery.  Actually he went to Honey Baked Ham and loaded up on meat and sides since I wasn't up to the grocery.  (Steroids are gone, headaches are still here.  Waiting to see what Dr. Glitter has planned next.  I don't want to see him again but can't see anyone else right now.)
All in all it was such a peaceful wonderful time.  We are still enjoying our Colorado kids.  We have Grampy's birthday and Mabel's birthday coming up.  And did I tell you.....WE HAVE LOTS OF SNOW.......And that my friends, makes me happy.  (Sorry Mr. Cozy,I don't like that you have to drive in it and I worry about you......but I think it is so magical)
SO, THERE IT IS CHRISTMAS 2012. IT'S A WRAP.
XOXOX

27 comments:

At Home in English Valley said...

Dear Debby, You are a trooper, all those days suffering with that headache.. It looked magical inside too...so love to see the family enjoying being together. Take care, I so hope you get some relief soon. You are in my thoughts. Love, Penny

Unknown said...

Hi Debby, what a wonderful time you all had, so many smiling faces! I sure hope you get some relief soon. Those headaches can be so bad. Please take good care of yourself my friend...What a wonderful Mom & Granny you are!
Love,
Loretta

Anonymous said...

We played Headbanz on Thanksgiving with our family in TX. The Disney version. Dave and I failed miserably while the 10 yr old won! Go figure.

Great pictures of your family (love the Skype ones btw). Don't you love Christmas with the little ones? You are one lucky girl!

Love you and glad to hear your headaches are better. Sure hope you can get a handle on them soon.

Hugs
Jan

NanaDiana said...

Debby- I read every word and loved every picture. I love that the Mr. got the turkey card. What fun! I love the Skype pictures, too. Most of my family/friends don't get the blog thing either. That's okay- I love it and that's all that matters.
Your kiddos got some wonderful presents...and you can tell they are well loved kids.
I am so sorry that you are still having the headaches. How awful. I had one that woke me up last night-just on one side of my head. I NEVER get headaches so I can't imagine how you are able to manage with one.
Blessings to you- I need to get a post up of SweetCheeks and Company at Christmas for tomorrow. Love to you- xo Diana

E said...

What a great Christmas I'm coming to your house next year and I'll bring all the sides ! :) Love seeing those sweet kids with their gifts what great expressions on their little faces. My daughter has two American Girl dolls (shes 30) but I still intend to take her and the dolls to lunch at the Am Girl store ! Sorry you are still battling those headache issues got to be wearing on you Hope you get better soon xo Elaine

Marissa said...

Wow~ looks like you had a fabulous time with your family!!! Loved looking through all your pictures the kids are so cute!! I hope you feel better take care!!

Kimberly said...

Till next year. It goes by so fast. Looks like a merry time!

Happy New Year, Debby to you and your family!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Looks like you had a wonderful time with family over the holidays.

Happy New Year!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I am going to look into that Headbandz game. It looks fun!

Julia said...

Debby, I'm still having computer woes. Got trouble posting comments. Love your Christmas. jb

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Ah. I loved this. What a wonderful family. So fun. We love the hedbanz game. The Disney version would be great!! I am so sorry you are having headaches. Feel better soon.
Karen

Gina said...

Your Christmas looked to be perfect with all your family present...even by Skype!

Blondie's Journal said...

Thank heaven for Skype! Your family pictures are wonderful! I love seeing how families celebrate Christmas!

I do hope you feel better soon. Know that I am thinking of you, dear friend.

XO,
Jane

Laura said...

Everyone looks like they had a great time! That's what it's all about....We have a few of those american girl dolls they are so sweet..
Have a Happy New Year!

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

debby you are a wonderful grandma indeed... i wish my family was half as sweet as yours....
happy holidays!!!
hugs
tabitha

Lil Raggedy Angie said...

O Debby looks like a wonderful christmas at your house ! I hope you get relief from the headaches soon ! hugs lil raggedy angie

Unknown said...

Debby, What happy faces were found at your house on Christmas! Marshmallow shooter! What a great idea. Looks like more snow is headed our way. Keep safe on those hilly roads of your town! Elizabeth PS HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Julia said...

Debby, I'm so glad that you all had such a wonderful Christmas together. What a blessing.

I love all the happy faces in the pictures.
And you still could smile and ignore the headaches. I sure hope that the doctors can figure out what is causing your pain.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
Have a blessed new year full of joy and health.
Hugs,
JB

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a beautiful family and what fun to do Skype and enjoy it with everyone! Sweet holiday hugs!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

I am so happy your got to share Christmas, and Skype, too! You have such a beautiful family.
Take care and God Bless you.
Susie

Shirley said...

Hi Debby, I so enjoyed seeing pictures of your family. It meant a lot for the family to be together at Christmas and see the joy in the little ones faces. I am sorry you still have your headaches. I was so in hopes they would be gone for a while. I will just keep praying that they go away. I do enjoy your visits. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and Prayers coming from Your Missouri Friend.

donna said...

Debbie I am so sorry you have head aches. You have a beautiful family. I am so thankful for skype it made so nice when my son was in the Marines. Oh how I wish it would snow here in Southwest Texas. I agree snow is so magical we love to visit places where it snows.
May you have a Blessed New Year.
Many Hugs
donna

Unknown said...

Hi Debbie!

First off, I cannot even express how much your warm comments mean to me. Especially going through this hard time with my son-in-law. He is home now, life is so precious!

This post is another reminder of how important family is. I love the name line up you have...Grampy and Dr. Glitter, what a smile!

Happy New Year as we blog on!

Dewena said...

I'm so sorry the headaches are still there. And it's difficult over the holidays to follow through on seeing doctors. Don't ignore this. Your pictures are wonderful, though, and your Christmas wonderful even with the little accident. Family is everything. Have a good 2013.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Hello Debby,Such a sweet blog. I found you through Susie Homemaker.
Headaches can be so difficult to handle. Hope you can keep them at bay. The family looks like they had a great time. happy New Year to you, your newest follower....Linda

Susie said...

Debby, The kids in the striped pajamas took me back in time. I bought my twins some of those..theirs were blue striped for Liz and red striped for Karen. I loved your family photos showing everyone having fun. Take care of yourself ,hope you get better soon. xoxo,Susie

Art and Sand said...

We have no grands so our Christmas is not like yours. We take a family vacation and this year the kids did not have a single harsh word to one another. That was a major gift! They tell us that one day they will marry and start families so we can have a Christmas like yours.

Happy New Year