I can't post without a picture. So what does this have to do with my post.........my two grandsons.........they are COUSINS. Okay I will number my concerns.........not in any certain order.
1. I so miss my COUSIN. She has been gone nine months now. PLEASE get your flu shots. I hear some many excuses.....if you can't do it for yourselves do it for the people you love. Enough said.
2. This one is so heavy on my heart right now. I know Mr. Cozy is sick of hearing me talk about this. My adopted son has a birth sister. She was adopted by another couple. I was instrumental in that adoption. You might remember me saying how her mother broke our hearts for years but not continuing their relationship....actually blocking us from her. Well, now my heart breaks for his sister and her mother. Yes, the same mother. 7 weeks ago her adopted father never returned home from a day of working on their farm. His truck was found on one of their properties slightly damaged. His splattered blood in the bed of the truck. Other things not quite right around the outside...... No clues to his where abouts. They have offered a reward for any information. They live in a small close community in Northern Ohio where things like this doesn't happen. I saw them on the news this week. The sadness on their faces was so hard to see. They need lots of prayers.
3. My daughter-in-law's little 9 year old nephew had his third hip surgery this week. He has cysts that continue to form on his hip. I don't understand it all but this was supposed to be a surgery to repin this area due to growth. What they thought was the bone where they could place the pins was another cyst. So the surgery was not successful. He has been in alot of pain. Pray for Brett. He is such a sweet boy.
4. Our blogging pal, Maggie from Grandma Yellow Hair blog Just between you and I is hurting badly. Details not known but something happened to her daughter. She supplies us with such laughter and stories on her blog and now she is beyond words. Lifet her up as well, please.
5. Two of my friends are facing foreclosure. I am sure we all know people that this is happening to. So many homeless people and all these houses sitting empty.
6. I saw a man from my neighborhood at the grocery. The last 3 years are so I have noticed how thin he has gotten. I would not of known him at all. He weighed nothing. I don't know what is wrong with him but something very bad. This man once critised our son in the neighborhood swimming pool. Something like calling him "stupid". My older son was so mad he jumped into the pool and carried his chubby little brother all the way up our hill and home. Our son has challenges and that was just not called for. I still feel bad about this man.
7. This is getting long........Luanne and Teresa........also had surgeries this week that will take alot of therapy to heal. I am headed to see Luanne with a tall vanilla latte in a couple of hours. I called to see how she was and she mentioned how she was craving the coffee. Teresa on the other hand lives in Oregon.......so can't drive there.
8. My daughter's husband lost his job. They are doing okay for now. She is a counselor in a middle school and is always gathering money and gifts for other people. One of her co-worker's son was in a terrible accident and is paralized. Money was gathered for her just last week. She takes on families at Thanksgiving and Christmas for her school. She just told me last week that she and my granddaughter were going to deliver turkey meals today after school. Our daughter wanted us to come for Christmas. Yes, I haven't even been home for a week. My hubby has only seen her almost 2 year old two times. She booked tickets for us. We will repay her but just saying how unselfish she is...........like her dad.........always thinking of others. WELL, she found gift cards on her desk this week. She didn't know where they came from. She sent out a memo as she didn't know how she was to spend this on the families. Guess what, her bosses gave these to her for her not the families. She isn't hurting right now and I think that makes it even more special. They did it for her because she is always doing for others.
9. Money is so tight for some this year.
Alot of sad times . With the holidays coming I know that I will appreciate everything just a bit more. It's not about the presents but the time spent with friends and families.
Are you still with me, hah. I will end this not so happy post with : Get your flu shot, give lots of (((((((HUGS))))) and pray for those that you care about. Why, because I care about YOU.