Friday, May 21, 2010

Yesterday in a FLASH

My friend and I went on an adventure. The friend was at the wheel  This happened before the fun started.  Then the fireman and the police came (not the little cute one) and then the friends husband came to rescue us.  The car was towed but we are saying our prayers today as we are for the most part we are okay.  Sore, yes.  Headaches, yes.  I'm not shaking anymore - that's a good thing.  The sound of two vehicles colliding is scary.  The car being tossed around and struck again is confusing.  But we were very lucky.  Oh did I mention we got hit by a Mack not really but it WAS a AT&T bucket truck.  The driver said he had both feet on the brakes to get it stopped.  Oh well, we'll go on another adventure when we mend.  And yes, we are still friends and a bit closer now.


Robyn said...

Oh my gosh, I know just how you feel! The morning of my reconstruction surgery a deer ran out in front of us and did $4,200.00 worth of damage to the vehicle. When I got to the hospital the nurse could not even take my bp it was so high. I explained what happened on the way and she let me lay there and calm down before she took it again. That was not a fun day! I'm glad you gals are alright...the good Lord was watching out for ya! ~Robyn

AshTreeCottage said...

Hi Debby! I am glad to here that you two are okay. That must have been so scary!! When you are in the mood to do some visiting, come see me. In the meantime, take good care and no more accidents!

Susan and Bentley

Beverly @ said...

Oh wow, Debby, how scary! I'm so glad that you and your friend are ok. Was anyone in the backseat? What a close call. You're in my prayers this weekend - I hope you aren't too sore!

Cindy said...

Debby I am so glad you are alright. A word to the have 3 yrs to settle a claim..don't ruch to settle. My husband and daughter thought they were okay..4 days husband couldn't move..ems had to come to the daughters injury showed up 8 weeks later..she had 2 disc in her back screwed up..thank goodness someone had told us not to settle..and to go to the dr. take pictures..get the weather for that day..take pictures where the wreck happened..take pictures of the vehicle.they were in a 2 ton truck and were t-boned by a large beer delivery truck. That is alot of force that hits you!!
Anyhow..take care of yourself..check yourself out really good.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

~Carrie from Cottage Cozy~ said...

I am so glad you and your friend were unharmed...and how nice to see others reaching out to help! Thanks for sharing, Debby!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my!! Sure glad you are both okay and were not injured badly.

I hope the soreness and headaches go away rapidly.

Huge feel better hugs!

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm so glad you're okay!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful you are ok! the photo makes me shake...and I can't imagine how you must have felt afterwards! Hope you have a restful weekend!

Sherri B. said...

Oh my! Thank The Lord you are alright. How frightening, and how brave you are to talk and relive it so soon. I saw your comment over at Princess & P. and thought I would stop by and say hi. I will be back to see how you are doing. I hope you have a restful weekend.