Monday, May 24, 2010

Cloudy and Sunshine

The clouds are still hanging over our family but the sun is shining.  I am feeling better so that helps.  I need to be better to handle the rest of the happenings here. 
The second CAT scan on my son was relatively okay.  They are calling the injury a closed wound head trauma/concussion.  Doctor said it will take time to heal and he will experience these symptoms for quite awhile.  I am concerned that this trauma on top of lots of other older head traumas will once again trigger his seizure disorder.  We just need to take one day at a time, I guess, for now.
My sweet DIL has been admitted to the hospital.  They are still saying MRSA and so far antibiotics aren't working.  We are waiting on the tests taken last night to come back.  An ultrasound is next and possible surgery.  I have the girls (4 and 7) but they are always here so they are unaware that anything is different.  When school is out for K.Bug we will explain things.  Maybe by then we will know more.  I am trying hard not to worry.  I do feel positive at the moment.  Not sure why, maybe God is giving me this peace so that I can carry on.  I only have my little Goose for most of the day.  I already got her donuts.....we may just do some fun things today. 
The one picture is of Goose and Grampy last night playing a princess game.  He kept arguing with her about the rules (wooles).  Geez, like two four year olds.  They are always dressing him up as a Princess.
Another VERY sad thing happened yesterday.  Just after my husband left early in the morning to take our son to ER, I heard sirens.  Very close sirens.  I almost hopped in the car as I thought it could be my Hubby.  Later that day my other son, father of Goose, walked up to me with this horrible look.  Don't know how to explain it, just the look that something terrible is wrong.  He informed me that my favorite toddler when I taught at Montessori had died in a car accident.  I am not just saying he was my favorite, everyone that knows me knows that he was.  He was attached to me as well.  He would cry when I left the room.  Anyway, those sirens were for him.  The cause of the accident is unknown, I would guess he swerved for a deer, and the time it happened is also unknown.  He was ejected and not found for awhile.  That really makes me sad.  He was driving a 1980 Mercedes........probably not wearing a seat belt, I don't know.  My son that told me about the accident, also taught him in Middle School.  Such a short life, he was 17. 
So, I must put on the happy face and carry on.  I will update when I know more.  Thanks for listening my dear BLOG friends.


Cielo Azul Jewelry said...

That is so sad=0( I hope you are doing better today. That is such a very short life, but you both were blessed to know one another.

Thank you for stopping by and entering my giveaway(*fingers crossed*).


Beverly @ said...

I'm so, so sorry. And I don't know what to say other than you are all in our prayers this week.
Enjoy your time with your granddaughter today - children can give us such peace. :) Sometimes. haha.

Gypsy Momma said...

I am so sorry all of this is coming at crisis at a time is enough. I, too, will be praying for you, your DIL, and the family who lost their son. Ugh...wish I could do more.

Princess and the Pea said...

That is so sad, such a short life wasted.

Hope your kids are ok, you really have got it all going on at the moment.

Grampy makes a beautiful princess! x

Cindy said...

Still lifting you up in my prayers!! Let us know about your DIL. That is such a cute picture of your husband and grandaughter..what joy!!

I'm sorry for your loss..I too lost a student from my church teachings years ago..I had had him from age our Mission classes. He was killed in a hunting accident.My comfort was knowing he knew the Lord!I hope you are feeling a little better.

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Mr Lonely said...

nice blog.. have a view of my blog when free.. .. do leave me some comment / guide if can.. if interested can follow my blog...

pogonip said...

My heart breaks for him and his family and all who loved him. I know what you mean about those toddlers who steal your heart via some special connection.

Our family member also was not wearing his seat belt. One small decision with giant consequences.

MRSA is treatable--I have a friend in B.C. who's recovering right now. Hope the tests come back soon so the docs can target those bad boys and get her on her feet again soon. Think positive and enjoy those young-uns :)

B said...

Oh Debby. I am so sorry. It sounds like you and your favorite toddler were very close. I'm glad you two had each other. I am so sorry for your loss.

Brenda@Cozy Little House said...

I'm so sorry, Debby. It's terribly sad when someone so young dies.

Gaia said...

I 'm so sorry for you! all my prayers are for hime and for his family.
I'm so sad I din't visit you more often...