Saturday, May 16, 2015

Wild Times

I'm so sorry that I haven't been visiting your blogs much lately.  I feel like I have been in a senior citizen fast lane lately.
Here is what has been happening around here since I last posted.
Monday night I spent the night at my sons' house.  He and his wife were headed to Cleveland Clinic for some consults.  They left really early.  I stayed with the girls and then took them to school.  After school I waited on the bus and helped them pack for an overnighter with my other sons' family.  Got them in the car loaded and started the one mile trip.  Then the tornado sirens went off.  I thought at first it was just an emergency.  I knew there had been severe storm warnings predicted but the sky was calm.  As I was going down my son's lane, the couple next door yelled at me to park the car  and get in the house.  My DIL comes out and we kinda laugh about why those sirens are on.  So in we go  to turn on the TV.  Yep, very strong winds headed our way, 65 mph strong.  They live on a big hill and we could see the sky.  I first said I needed to get home for my dogs.  Then when the phone rang with the recording from the village warning us about the weather, I couldn't leave my DIL with 4 kids and a dog.  We put the kids in the stairwell closet.  They were so good about it.  We kept watching.  I have a picture on my phone.  They were so far back in the closet you couldn't see them.  They were in there for an hour.  But we gave them popcorn and they had fun chatting away.  The dog kept wanting in and out.  The winds picked up and rain poured.  My son returns home from work and I take off for home.  usually high winds leave trees all over blocking roads and driveways.  Not this time.....trash cans were every where.  I think what they said happened the winds were strong but high and most didn't reach the ground.  Plus the village let the electric company come in and chop down hundreds of trees that had the ash disease.  So, we came out okay, unlike other places, and all was well.
Tuesday, my granddaughter started not feeling well while on a walking tour of the village. So she was retrieved and cuddled and ate her packed lunch.  Her mommy and daddy were still in Cleveland getting testing done.  She was worried they would be gone for a long time like before when her mom was in ICU.  She really wanted to see the old school house and end the tour at Whit's the custard shop.  So we tracked the class down by calling her dad to see where the class was at that time.  He was helpful even from 2 hours away.  We found them and she was happy.  I came home let the dogs out and returned to town to watch the other two grands.
Wednesday, gosh I almost forgot what I did.  We had a showing.  I had to go solo as hubby was at work.  Needless to say I forgot a couple of things.  I left the dog dishes, yes I did, on the kitchen table.  I must have been distracted as that would never be where I would put them.  Showing went well, interest but just beginning their search.
Then Thursday.  Our DIL had testing done Monday and Tuesday but returned home for Wednesday.  My son and his oldest went on a field trip to King's Island.  Since he is a teacher at his school he went along.  I bet he was tired after being gone for two days.  So DIL and son returned to Cleveland Clinic on Thursday for another MRI.
So I get a message that the elementary school called.  Yikes, it must be for Goose again.  Almost panicking I kept calling til I got a human.  The secretary said she hadn't seen her.  So she uses the classroom intercom and asked if Goose was okay.  Yes, she was.  So I said what about M.  She calls his classroom and asks.  She asked if M. (Mr. Perfect Hair) was okay it was his grandma calling to see.  He had been worried about needing a  shirt he needed to tie dye at school.  He said his classmates were laughing.  I told him I would do that again once in awhile just to check on him.  So I didn't get to number three Mabel.  Her dad said she should have been the first one I checked on because she is always getting into trouble.  She has been know to have a crying fit or two when things don't go right.  Poor Mabel.
So back into town to care for M and M after school.  Before that I went to the auction place as they were having a doll hunt auction.  I thought that I needed two hours to not have to do anything.  This auction had rooms full of dolls from all ages and although there were great dolls, a lot looked like junk.  While I was there my son called and wanted a ride.  HE thought his needs were way more important than me being at an auction, even though I hauled him around all week.
Also this whole week we have been trying to get the landlord to approve a renter.  He seems like a good candidate.  She won't approve him because his current landlord won't call her back.  Also he has student loans.  He didn't have a felon though like she keeps saying everyone we send her has.  BUT, he did have a seat belt violation.  Can you believe that was brought up.  Well the rent was due for the condo yesterday.  It has not been paid.  We think she knows we will pay and why take a chance on someone new.  But, she said she would get back to me when she knows.  So I am waiting.  I think she will make a decision soon because she wants the rent money.  We are already thinking that we will let the guy pay us the rent and they can just stay on our lease.  We don't have much at risk after three months of paying utilities and rent for an empty place.  Grrrrr.
Friday I had offered to go to the zoo with Little O. so that she could go on a field trip with her other little friends from school.  I actually was afraid that she might get loose and never be found again.  We had fun.  Her group was a small one with one on one ratio.  We had to wait 30 minutes outside the entrance with a thousand other adults and students to just get in.  When we did get in, this zoo worker man walked up to me and said, "If you are going to the African Exhibit you should take the train because it's a lot of walking uphill."  Do I look that old and out of shape.  It was sprinkling and a little cooler when we first got there.  But it heated up.  I don't do heat.  When I looked at the other teachers sweating like crazy, I felt better.  In my old age I have a new look on things.  I notice when I am tired or hot and think of how far away I have to walk to the car.  I knew after 2 1/2 hours I needed to start the walk back.  So little O. and I headed back.  She was in the stroller for the most part.  She had to be belted because she would escape and take off and believe me she did.  So I got her a giraffe (stuffed) not the little one, she needed the big one.  Her mom was so nice and sent all kinds of money.  We also stopped for Dots.  She got the rainbow ones.  Of course those little pellets kept rolling off the spoon and melting on her clothes.  She was a mess.  But we made it to the car and cleaned her up and in new clothes.  I looked at the envelope her mom sent.  She had written $ for parking, food, Dippin Dots and any other crap.  Hah, we didn't see that before the Dippin Dots.  So before I could get out of the parking lot she was snoring away.  On the way home, I was forced into another lane of traffic because it was backed up.  Not the highway but a busy four lane road.  I signaled to get back in the other lane and this guy driving a huge dump truck wasn't having it and about ran over me.  I didn't get over til later.  Then he flew by flipped me the bird and screamed something starting with a "B."  So he had not only tried to kill us but yelled at us.   I drive a bug, you can easily see there is a baby in the back.  I had seriously done nothing to this rude person.
So guess what I am doing today.....NOTHING, YEAH.
(Oh the tests on my DIL has shown that the tear is almost healed, and she didn't have something she was tested for called FMD, and they are still searching for answers.)  I also had a doctors appointment on Monday for a med check and blood work.  The results are in but they couldn't tell me because the doctor hadn't signed off on them.  I  guess they don't think I am educated enough to understand on my own)
So since you have been so good reading all this stuff I will leave you with pretty flowers I got from my daughter and some fun pictures of the zoo.

Yes that is a trash bag on the door handle and my little dog.  At least there aren't dog dishes on the kitchen table.


Little O in the yellow skirt.


Little O feeding a baby giraffe.  You had to buy three pieces of lettuce for three dollars to feed them.  I like the zoo in Colorado Springs where they have a bunch of giraffes and they give you the food to feed them.


This is the Mama.  My camera switched to black and white as my battery was low.


Doing a little dance in the petting zoo.

After the hike uphill and with sprinkles, while O. tried to escape.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I'm exhausted just reading this, you lead a busy life and you certainly are a giver,, one need some YOU time soon,, beautiful photos!!I love love your hair!

Susie said...

Debby, My but you have been busy. So good you can help when your children need you. God loves you for that Debby. :):) One day soon, maybe things will calm down. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Sue said...

Oh my heavens..... life with you is always interesting. And to think - I wasn't with you to bring trouble! have the R+F lip serum that you wanted. We need to plan a date! :-) Suey

Joy Junktion said...

You are one busy grammy, Debby! I am sure your kids and grands are blessed to have you loving on them. Hoping your dil gets some answers but glad she is doing better. Blessings, Cindy

Julia said...

Your post has left me breathless. My, but you lead a busy life. I hope that your daughter in law is going to be just fine. Poor little kids, no wonder they miss her. And weather warning on top of everything. I'm glad you didn't had far to go.

I sure hope that you have a better summer that this spring has been for you. You are a kind and caring person. Hope your house sells and the condo is rented.
Hugs,
JB.



Julia said...

I meant to say, the flowers are gorgeous.
JB

Mereknits said...

You have left me utterly exhausted as you must be feeling right now. My goodness what a week. I hope you got some rest this weekend. You are a terrific Grandmother by the way.
Hugs,
Meredith

vivian said...

just a little busy Huh? lol!
Everything sounded manageable to me except for the tornado sirens.. that would totally cause full blown panic in me and put me over the edge! Youre such a good gramma! And so helpful to your family, Im sure they Love you to bits!
Happy sunday
xoxo
vivian

Miss Merry said...

Good golly woman, how do you do it??? I think it is funny that you can't get your results. Our local doctors and hospital have an account you sign up for on line. My account has my test results as soon as they are done and also a copy of my chart at my doctors for visits. I just had blood work and could see my results in 24 hours. I could google things that concerned me and have questions ready for my follow up appointment.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my goodness! You have more energy than I do! The zoo looks very nice and you got great pics. Love the last one. You're still smiling I see! Enjoy your day today. I hope it is restful! Sweet hugs, Diane

NanaDiana said...

OMGosh-Debby. I read every word. What did you do in all the spare time you had? lol
It is so busy with grandkids, isn't it? Sometimes I wonder how we do it. You are hands on like I am, I know.
Too funny (but not really) about the dog dishes being on the table. Maybe they thought your pets have formal sit-down dinners. Is that called "putting on the dog"?
Have a great Sunday and REST!!!! xo Diana

SImple and Serene Living said...

Okay, I definitely need a nap now. What an eventful week. I hope things calm down for you. xo Laura

Edna B said...

I have to agree with everyone else, you are a very busy lady!! I think it's wonderful that you can be so involved in your family's lives. Especially the grandchildren. Debby, I love that photo of you with the stroller. Great photo!!!

Take a couple days for yourself now. You deserve some pampering. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Delena said...

It is time for you to rest, easier said then done ..
Enjoy your blog and thanks for all your nice comments on mine!

tammy j said...

good grief! you have beautiful hair!
i think you need a maid a housekeeper a chauffeur and a nanny! LOLOL
then you can rest a little!
oh. forgot.
a chef would be nice too! LOLOL!
hope you get to rest a little soon. xo