Thursday, May 21, 2015

Happy Red Nose Day

Red Nose Day is all about childhood hunger.  Please consider donating time or money so children don't have to go hungry.
While red noses are right up my alley and some of my besties are red nose clowns, it's more than that.
Children go hungry everyday.  In the states and abroad.  Thinking of the children that get free lunches, that won't have that this summer.
I've talked about my son that is adopted.  Within a week after he was born someone called Childrens Services because there was no food in his house.  Can you imagine a newborn without formula.  He wasn't nursed either.  I am sure this has contributed to his obesity now.  I remember soon after we adopted him we were staying at a hotel.  It was getting late and we had been moving our daughter into her room at college.  We ordered room service.  He was really hungry.   The hunger stirred feelings from before.  He was running the halls looking for food.
We sometimes take food for granted.  Do what you can do to help.
Thanks from a red nose.
Petals the Clown

7 comments:

Julia said...

You make such a pretty clown Debbie. I hope that they'll raise lots of money for those poor kids. I never heard of Red Nose Day.

Have a great day.
Hugs,
JB

Brenda Pruitt said...

I've heard of this on TV. Good for you!
Brenda

Kathy said...

I've heard about this on TV for the past week or so. Glad you are a part of it.

NanaDiana said...

We do donate to a food pantry. It is so sad to think that children go hungry in this land of plenty. It really makes me feel guilty for wasting food. xo Diana

Debby said...

Oh, I'm not a part of it. I just happen to be a clown. It's a great idea. It came from the UK. The states need to catch on . There is a special on TV right now about it.

Bohemian said...

I worked in Food Ministries for a very long time. I remember a time, long ago, when I was hungry... I couldn't imagine having that feeling as a child, it was difficult enough as an adult. Thank You for visiting my Blog today and Sharing your Story. I do Hope you'll come again, isn't the Land of Blog the most wonderful Community? I just Love it and how many new Friends I've made via this virtual World we have Created in it. Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.