Monday, May 25, 2015

Remembering

Today is the day to remember our fallen soldiers.  I also think we need to thank those that have served and those that are currently serving.
This picture if from Karen Grande.  I am in love with these Skippy dolls.  Someday I hope to have one like these.  The composition ones are just so cute.
I think the reason I love them is because they remind me of this guy.
Remember the Fisher Boy


Frog catcher, snake holder



Sorry, I couldn't find a baby picture so you could see his cheeks.  But he had them.
I get to see my Colorado kids really soon.

It's been such a sad week-end.  We miss Izzy, all three of us.  But, I don't miss her struggling to breathe.  Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts.

5 comments:

Patti said...

I love those cute dollies, too. We went to see a play Friday night, which turned out to be perfect for Memorial Day. It was about two men and a woman during WWII. Really made me appreciate our life. I get to see my CO grandkids in just about a month! They are coming to CA. Can't wait. Your little darlin' is at such a fun age!

20 North Ora said...

So sorry to hear about your Izzy. It is so hard to give them up and so hard to see them suffer. Thinking of you.

Judy

Connie said...

Those dolls are adorable and that real one is a cutie pie.
Happy Memorial Day!
Connie :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

I was set to send you an email and see how you were doing, but came over here instead. I'm so very sorry you lost your precious pup. I hold you in my heart as you grieve this horrible loss.
Brenda

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know you've been sad. I hope this coming week is better my friend. Love those precious little dolls...we both need some of those, don't we? Sweet hugs, Diane