Thursday, September 23, 2010

Scary.......Part two

I took this picture when I was visiting in Colorado in my daughter's back yard.  Can you believe how big this baby is?  Can you believe that it is plastic.  Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Once my daughter was on a walk and sent me a picture of a Wolfe spider that was, no kidding, this size.  They also have black widows, yikes.  Has anyone held Rosie at the Butterfly Pavillion near Denver.  I have watched my litte Snow White hold her , but at a distant.
Okay enough of the scary stuff.  It isn't even Halloween yet.

Record high temps here in Ohio today.....in the 90's.  So looking forward to a cooler week-end.  In less than one week we were under tornado warning at school.  Last night we were once again in the hall waiting out the sirens.  The kids did so much better this time.

Don't forget to sign up for the Christmas Box/Jar Swap. 


No more scray pictures..........those bats were pretty bad, weren't they?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that spider was plastic, it looked pretty big.

Still in the 90's here too. Hope those tornadoes stay away from you and fall weather comes to both of us soon. I don't know about you but I am tired of hot, humid weather.

Are you going to have scary things for us all the way to Halloween? :)

Sleep and rest well tonight, sweet dreams!

Hugs

genie said...

I prefer plastic spiders....but the bats don’t really bother me. Am starting to get into the Halloween mood. Went to the quilting store and bought some really cool lieges of fabric after school today. Can;t wait to start sewing on them.

Hugs,
Genie

Connie said...

I believed it was real and was freaked out! We're supposed to have a warmer weekend! I'm waiting for Fall!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Ack! I'm glad that isn't real!! I don't do spiders. :)
Sorry it's warm - hopefully it will cool off a bit. The tornado thing is scary!

Kimberly said...

Check out my blog Debby! :>)

koralee said...

Oh my goodness you had me...I even put my feet up on my chair!

I have noticed with this cooler weather a few more spiders in my home...lucky they are small.

Friday hugs to you...thank you for the well wishes regarding my daughter and her leaving for school overseas. xoxox

Donna said...

Debby--love the spiders and the bats! Living where we do, this is pretty normal. We have learned to live with the outdoors--sometimes indoors as you well know.:O)

BTW, thanks so much for your sweet comments! I have awarded you the One Lovley Blog award so if you want it, all you need to do is drop by. It may take me awhile to get it posted today. I'm giving it to fifteen blogging friends and am posting photos of all of your headers and doing quite a write up for each one. But I plan to leave it up all weekend, so I think it is worth it.

xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Donna said...

What is it with the plastic spiders??!! You and my kids too! They bought three at the dollar store. And of course, I found one in my bed two days ago. No, I didn't scream--I do know the difference. I was tempted to slip it in my teenage son's bed..just to return the favor-ha! You are too funny!

Decor To Adore said...

I was working on an upcoming project for the blog yesterday and it involved some lumber that I grabbed only to just miss the huge black spider. EEEEkkkk!

I will tell you this I will not be working for Oprah. :)

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

You got me with the spider! I grew
up in Ohio and never remember having such hot Summers.. soon it
will be beautiful though. I miss
it. Thank you for stopping by my
blog for Pink Saturday!

Jane
Flora Doora