Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grammy looses it

I was the lucky winner of this "Capture Life" charm from Rusted Chain.  The  give-a-way was on Matthew Mead's website that features his upcoming Holiday issue.  I am so excited to receive this magazine.  It is only available from his web site.  Thanks to Matthew and The Rusted Chain.
Even though my pictures come from an inexpensive camera and I am not a photographer,  I love taking pictures.  I love to scrapbbok my pictures as well.  It is almost like reliving the moment.  I go to alot of crops with my daughter in law.  We will sit there and oh and ah over the memories.  One that comes to mind is at the airport.  We had a connecting flight coming home from Disney. 
BUT, all of us had seats except for our granddaughter.  Somehow after our first flight someone didn't see that she had a ticket on the connecting flight.  Well, Grampy was furious and was at the ticket counter.  The rest of us stayed clear.  K.
Bug, then 5, had some milk in a carton with a straw.  She started blowing bubbles and didn't stop.  The milk was going all over her face and she kept blowing.  I started to laugh til I cried.  Thinking of it makes me want to LOL.  My DIL took a picture of me.  Looking back on it was so reaL.  Grampy getting mad and Grammy loosing it.  Thanks goodness we can "Capture Life" for later memories.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures are wonderful for capturing memories. That was sure a cute one for you with K. Bug and the milk. That doll is so cute and congrats on winning the charm and give-a-way. By the way I think your picture taking is very good. Hugs

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Congrats on your super pretty necklace. I love it!! And what a great story. I think your pictures are fantastic. You have a great way of capturing the best expressions - especially on your little granddaughters faces. :)

Julie Harward said...

Lucky you..that is so so cute! ;D

nanniepannie said...

Debby,
Pictures are wonderful and memories priceless. So you like to scrapbook? Blogging is kind of like scrapbooking online.

Home and Heart said...

Lucky you!! Congrats!!! Thank you for the candle remider. My little boy LOVEs cndles, so I buy th ethe flameless ones and use them in his room. He feels special. Thank you for joining my giveaway too!!

Donna said...

I love the photos you took of your doll and the chain. I love learning how to take good photos too. The ones I took of my August were the best I've ever done. I'm finally learning to crop and not try to get EVERY detail in the photo. Your photos look great!

Thanks for the encouragement Debby.

xo
Donna

Kimberly said...

your winning alot! The post office said your package should arrive today with the stuff you won on my blog!

Relyn Lawson said...

WOW you lucky duck. If you are ever going to play the lottery - now would be the time. Yes? I was stopping by to ask you "in person" if you would like to join my blog swap. I think it might be something you'd really enjoy. Of course I absolutely understand if you don't want to. Still... I'd be delighted to have you. Happy Friday! It's almost here. Oh, I forgot to say that sign up ends tomorrow night.

koralee said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog...congratulations on your win...love love the rusted chain..I have 2 of her pieces.

Hugs for a great weekend. xoxoxo

Relyn Lawson said...

Debby, I didn't ever receive your email, and I only just now got your comment. I am sorry to tell you that the swap is closed. I have everyone all matched up and am just now sending out emails about partners. I plan to do this again in the dead of winter - maybe to perk up February. Maybe you can play along then? I hope so. I am sorry it didn't work out this time.