Tuesday, April 17, 2012

A book and a birthday

Kelle of the blog "Enjoying the small things" was on the Today show last week (Kathie Lee and Hoda) promoting her book "Bloom". I have been following her blog for a long time. I am so in love with her little Nella and her Lainey. It is a great blog. What an amazing family.
Here is Nella reading her Mommy's book. Nella has Down Syndrome. Her parents did not know that she had DS until she was born. What started out to be a shock turned into such a joy.
Here she is feeding her baby. Sorry this is not a great picture.
Here is Kelle. Not sure what this title is about. I must say (please no hate mail) I felt that Kathie Lee and Hoda didn't seem all that interested in Kelle's story. They did most of the talking and hardly let Kelle talk. This segment was on in the very last few minutes. I just thought they should have given her more time to tell her story since it is amazing and beautiful . Yesterday on the Today show they interviewed another blogger.......they made such a big deal about her being a mommy blogger and that she was recently divorced. The blogger talked about how she was so in control of her life. Also, a few months ago they interviewed, again on the Today Show, another blogger that shares her dating life and her grandmothers. I found this blog to be really boring. Here is where you might not agree. Are we still not"there" in accepting those of us that are different. Would we rather focus on divorce or a dating grandma. I'm sorry........but this story sure beats the others. The book Kelle wrote is "Bloom" and was number #15 on the best seller list last week. It is such a good book to read.
Yes, another birthday. Happy Birthday Eve. She is our one of a kind, Punky Brewster, full of energy, precious granddaughter. She loves Big Foot, Billie the Exterminator, her dolls, and dancing. I told you, she is one of a kind. Waiting on pictures from her Mama, who she looks like and acts like to a tee.

With her cousin.
Checking out bugs at the butterfly museum.......she has to hold Rosie first thing when she arrives there.
Sending sunshine to you today.........xo

16 comments:

Pinecone said...

I saw that book on the NY times best seller list and really didn't know anything about it. Now I definitely want to read it - thanks for that - I always need new book ideas!
The picture of your little sweetie is too cute!!
Ashlyn

Julia said...

Too bad the pictures are a bit fuzzy but she looks like a darling little girl. Just so sweet looking reading that book.

She can always make a youtube video or spread the word on facebook to promote her book. I agree with you. It's too bad that the folks on the show didn't see the value in this story.

I love the look of your granddaughter looking at her cousin. JB

Kimberly said...

I loved her book. Finished it in no time.

Privet and Holly said...

Happy Birthday to Eve!

And I am in complete
agreement with you. What
a fantastic story of a family
expecting one journey and
making the most of another.
Kelly is an inspiration and
think how her story might
have touched someone who
needed to hear her message
if they had given her more time.

Happy Day,
xx Suzanne

Blondie's Journal said...

I do like Kathie Lee and Hoda, but I think at times they try too hard at being entertaining. What a shame that this beautiful book couldn't be promoted better.

I agree with you that the our families in general are not the perfect little units we want them to be. They shouldn't be hidden away. You are a mom even if you are divorced. How silly to think otherwise.

Happy Birthday to Eve! What a doll!

XO,
Jane

NanaDiana said...

That is too bad that they didn't give her more time to share her story. I have never been fond of Kathie Lee (sorry to say) so it doesn't really surprise me!

Happy Birthday to your little Eve. Everybody needs at least one little Punky Brewster running around!

Blessings-Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

Linda said...

Eve is TuTu cute! Hope her b-day was terrific. Loved your blog today. Blessings, L

Susie said...

Debby, What a cutie having a birthday. I too agree..Hoda and Kathy Lee talk over their guest too much. So does everyone on the Today show. I always say to my husband , why did they invite them if they are not going to let them speak...ever notice when they are cooking..omg. Smiles , Susie

Julie said...

I'm a fan of "Enjoying the Small Things" blog as well. Haven't read the book yet, but hope to find it soon.

Your grandchildren are just darling.

Unknown said...

Hello, My favorite Ohio friend! I am so sorry not to have returned any e-mails you may have sent. My computer has been in the deep end of the ocean since the first of the year not letting me access my blog. I was surprised to find it still there!
I know you have been enjoying our beautiful spring with your grandchildren. How sweet their smiling faces!
Always, Elizabeth

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Oh Debby, I know what you are talking about. It's just that we have to face the fact that what interests us, does not interest another! Took me a long time to accept this..but it's a fact. The talk shows..well..they all have guests that THEY find interesting.
A dateing Grandma is not all that novel in todays world. lol
The books sounds really interesting.

joy said...

Hi Debbie,
The embroidery pattern is called "On Parade" by sarahjanestudios.com

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

She is adorable with the book, even fuzzy. I hope the book can be promoted, so everyone can enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

LBP said...

I will have to check out that book. Too bad entertainment wants to focus on "fun" grandmas rather than a families story of raising a special little girl. And Happy Birthday to Eve! She looks like a real sweetie!

Blessings

Linda

LBP said...

I will have to check out that book. Too bad entertainment wants to focus on "fun" grandmas rather than a families story of raising a special little girl. And Happy Birthday to Eve! She looks like a real sweetie!

Blessings

Linda

RURAL said...

I don't watch the daytime television shows, but it's too bad they didn't connect with the author a little more...

Sad that you have to put out a disclaimer just to have a opinion on the show..I thought bloggers were a little more tolerant than that.

Looks like a wonderful book, I am going to have to search it out. And both little ones are adorable.

Jen @ Muddy Boot Dreams