Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Easy Peasy Flowers and Soup

Use paper flower punches or die cute for the flowers. Use coordinating card stock for flowers and on the can (soup can), A little florist tape and some spagnum moss and a little green ribbon for leaves.........very simple and cute. You can put the flowers on pens and use dark beans or coffee beans inside the can to hold them. You can use brads and other things to decorate the flowers.
Now the easy soup......I made this last night. It is called WHITE CHILI but it is more like PINK CHILI. I am all about easy and fast....and this is both. I boiled a couple chicken breasts and added them to a jar of mild salsa, jar of white navy beans, and a cup of shredded Montarey (sp.) cheese. Heated on low/medium til warm. The soup is so smooth and yummy. To spice it up you can use Pepper Jack cheese and spicier salsa. If you would like you can use those tortilla chippy things in the soup. It also has to be low in calories. Oh, I did add about a half to a cup of water.
Okay that's it for today........have a good one.

5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Darling flowers...and I love the chili idea too! ;D

Unknown said...

This is sooo adorable ! WOW good job !
I hope you are doing good. Sorry about the kids at school. Mine are tough and i raise them well so yes,kids can be very tough.
Love the pictures of your grand daughter.
I feel horrible for the people in Japan too. Oh man.

I want to try this chili recipe. Yum...Hungry ...oh wait i am going to bed so it must be a good sign...Yummy'Big hugs from you and Yay Soon warm weather and flowers !
XOXO

Donna said...

Just wanted to drop by and tell you that I've missed you! I've had company since last week and have three busy grandsons crawling and running all over the house right now--plus I have a cold. Don't get to see them but once a year or so.

I haven't gotten to visit near as much as I like. Thought I'd squeeze in a visit while the grandkids are sleeping. :o)

Darling daisies in a soup can!
xo
Donna @ Comin' Home

Pam Kessler said...

Cute springy idea! I've seen people have them attatched to the pens before.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my doll bed post. I'm looking forward to exploring your blog too!