Tuesday, January 17, 2017

First the elephants now the circus

I'm so sorry to hear that in six months there no longer be The Greatest Show On Earth.  It's sad. BloggerImageI really think it had a lot to do with the elephants.  I have friends that worked in that circus.  They have said the elephants were all cared for and were like friends.

BloggerImageMost people have said they were sad to see this show come to an end.  Others say the employees will find jobs.  They will also need homes.  
I have been so blessed to meet some of the clowns that are no longer with us.  The stories they told made us laugh and long for just a bit of that life. BloggerImageWhat I love about the circus are the clowns (of course) and the elephants.  I used to take my kids to watch the circus set up the big tent.  We would sit on the grass and watch. I remember the elephants walking trunk to tail.  I'm not crazy about the scary dare devil acts but show me a  BloggerImageclown in the cannon or in a little car. BloggerImagei hope the smaller circuses will step up and fill the void. They are fun as well.  But they need more than one clown.  There still be camps and schools to train those May clowns.  I'm so glad that I have been able to help in those areas. Getting to know some really special people is the reward.

I hope there will be little clowns that will grow up to be real clowns one day. BloggerImage

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

It really is sad,Debby. The end of an era as we know it. My grandson wen to his first circus last year and was entranced. He has been playing circus ever since. He is always the ringmaster...lol

God bless you,Debby. I know it mus really sadden your heart. xo Diana

Visits With Mary said...

It will be a very sad day indeed. There will no longer be a Greatest Show on Earth..it will certainly leave a void in the world of entertainment.

Betsy said...

I was so sad to hear this on the news last night. I, too, think it was inevitable once the elephants were taken away. Sometimes I wonder what is happening in this world.
Blessings, Betsy

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It is sad. It has always been something that every child should see in their lifetime!!!

Quiltingwiththefarmerswife said...

We are sorry too. We saw the set up of a circus about 25 years ago. The elephants raised the tent. It was so much fun and the memory has stuck with us and our children. Our town was small then....about 25,000 population. Patty Mc

Edna B said...

It will be sad to see the circus go. Maybe life will be better for some of the animals now. I'm sure some were taken care of, but others may not have been. Our beautiful large cats were never meant to live in a cage. I suppose though, it may have been the only time some folks ever got to see these majestic creatures. It's a difficult call.

But surely the clowns will live on. This would be a sad world without them. You have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Edna B.

Blondie's Journal said...

I feel the same way, Debby...so many memories.

Thanks so much for your visits. You inspire me with your love of kids!! ;-D

Jane