Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Cozy Blanket

BloggerImageIt's that time of year that the word COZY comes to mind.  Well to my mind anyway.  We live in the Mid West, actually Ohio.  I never could understand why Ohio is classified as Mid West.
In our little world during the winter months it is cold.  The picture is taken from our front porch.  I dearly love snow.  It's just pretty and almost magical.  We also have many days that are dark and dreary.  So you stay inside and COZY UP.
So what does COZY mean to me.  I have made a list. 
A warm home
A somewhat tidy home. ( it's hard to relax when things need to be done)
A fire in the the fireplace. (In my home it's an electric fireplace)
Dogs to warm your lap
A cup of your favorite warm drink
A relaxing movie or a good book
Candles
Little white lights
Pictures of loved ones
A favorite craft or art project. ( I just learned to needle felt)
Your favorite collections and furnishings surrounding you
Yummy soup 
Someone to love and enjoy their company
And of course a COZY BLANKET


So that what COZY means to me.  What about you? 

10 comments:

Junebug said...

I love your idea of cozy!! My problem is I might have cozy up a little too much! Maybe it is a good thing that Hallmark movies are over for the season. Yep, favorite drink, favorite recliner, dog on lap, you get the picture.

Here's to the new year and renewed energy!! Other words get off my tush!

Julia said...


We have a lot of snow here too. Hmm, you got me thinking... That's a new one for me. I never thought about "What is my Cosy list". I have to think about it a little. I guess Cosy to me is having all my work done for the day, knowing that everyone is well, safe and warm if it's cold. I can't relax if I know my love ones are out there in a storm, or sick or in pain. I need to know that they have arrived at their destination safe and sound...
Then at this time of year, a warm house and fire in the wood stove, a warm cup of tea or a glass of good wine and something to keep me occupied like a good book, rug hooking or other fibre art, maybe some soothing music. Some nibbles to feel spoiled.I'm not retired so I just get cosy at night when work is all done for the day.

Betsy said...

We have lots of snow too. And COLD. -5F tonight! My idea of cozy is very similar to yours, but with my knitting needles or crochet hook in hand. Stay wr,.
Blessings,
Betsy

vivian said...

My list is pretty much the same as yours.. though I would add popcorn, pj's and kitties! lol!
Happy New Year Deb!!
xoxo
vivian

Mereknits said...

That list sounds perfect, with no where you have to go, staying home and nesting. I am from Michigan and was always confused to it being referred to as the Midwest.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Beautiful yard and pond. The snow looks beautiful.
I also enjoy the fresh fallen snow and frost on our trees in the mornings.
Cozy definitely includes a soft blanket, and dogs and cats cuddled by me. I don't have a fireplace, but I have flickering candles in lanterns and the smell of cider from my candle warmer. A good cup of tea and a big picture window out into our large wooded front yard.
Happy New Year!

Little Susie Home Maker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Edna B said...

What a beautiful view you have from your porch! I would love to be able to look out onto a little pond. Your Christmas photos are wonderful. I love the magic of the season. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like your list! I like something good baking in the oven! (I made a chicken pot pie) The sun is shining today so we'll start warming up. Enjoy your day sweet friend. Be careful out in the snow and ice. Hugs, Diane

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

I have and agree with every single thing you listed - except our sweet little dogs have passed within the last few years. And I love being home because it is cozy. Right now I have a quilt I'm working on for my son, I have supper in the slowcooker, bread baking, and the Packers are coming on in a few hours. You couldn't pay me to leave home today! I followed you because I can't remember if I already did or not, so I might be there twice, sorry! Take care, stay warm. Julie