Saturday, July 2, 2016

Party time

Mr. Cozy is retiring. His last official day was Thursday.  I pulled off a surprise party for him that evening.  He had a good time even though he was a little mad at me in the beginning. Here are a few pictures.  I still have some on the ipad and the iphone and I still don't know how to transfer them.  One of our sons and his littles.
Isn't this a beautiful family. The girl in the middle I taught when she was 1 1/2.  Friends with her family ever since.  She is going to college this fall.  The one to her left is my K. T. Bug's age.  The one that spend the night last week-end, yep the one that got sick. 
Not a great picture but the couple are friends of ours since I met her when I worked the after school program.  She looks and acts so much like my Jo that left us five years ago.  My first day back from loosing her is the day I started working with my friend Caroline.  Yep, she was a God send.
We have baby deer everywhere.  This little one came out of our little woods.  So adorable when they are teeny tiny.
Hope you are enjoying this week-end.  We went downtown to the street fair and celebration.  In about an hour we ran into so many people.  First off the ones in the first picture.  It is my son's 20th class reunion.  Now had did that happen.  We got to see two of his classmates that we haven't seen since they were in my son's wedding. 
That's it for now.  I will post more if I can ever figure out how to do it.
Hugs

12 comments:

vivian said...

congrats to your husband! I dream of the day I get to retire! I know it'll come all too soon.. which in reality means I have to get older! no hurry there I guess! lol!
great that you could pull off a surprise party. Im glad he didnt stay mad! cant believe tomorrow is july 4th already. time sure does fly! I hope you enjoy the rest of this holiday weekend!
xoxo
vivian

Miss Merry said...

What a wonderful celebration! You were pretty tricky to be able to surprise your hubby! Best wishes to him on a well deserved rest. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

Linda said...

You are going to LOVE the retired life! We do but be prepared! We are so much busier than when we worked!! Not sure how that happens but it does!

Betsy said...

Congratulations to your husband! Mine is counting the years until retirement. Wonderful surprise and I'm glad he wasn't mad for long!
Blessings,
Betsy

Susie said...

Debby, Happy retirement to your husband (&you) .. tell him he now has 6 Saturdays and 1 Sunday in his week. Your family is very good looking. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

Sue said...

You are a sky one, Deb! Hope to see ya soon- trying to get some scheduled time off with your girlfriend.

Sue said...

That would be "sly" can't type on this phone! Lol

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Congrats to your husband! Enjoy your summer! Hugs, Diane

Edna B said...

Wonderful photos. Congratulations to Mr. Cozy on his retirement. It must be wonderful seeing the little deer in your yard. I don't get many here. That's one of the things I miss about working. There were lots of wildlife there. However, my retirement is wicked nice. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Vicki Chrisman said...

Debby, thank you for your nice comment on my blog. You are so sweet! Congrats on your husbands retirement! Love that you have little dear. We have some but not a lot. They are so darling!

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Happy retirement to your husband! The baby deer are such a rare sight here, it's fun to see your picture!

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I hope he has the happiest retirement. My Dad retired a couple of years ago and he has been so happy! He worries about money of course, but he has fun every day on the farm.