Saturday, June 25, 2016

Sleep overs

I am still here.  This is a busy summer.  The above are cakes for the new baby due in August.  The toppers were mine and you have seen them before.  I thought and thought about what would work for cake toppers.  Since this was the only thing I could do, I chose these.  I thought they looked really cute.
We have had sleep overs all week long.  Not pictured were Laken and her brothers.  They are on my phone.  I got an smart phone at last.  Not the latest expensive type but just perfect for me.  But, I still don't know how to post from my phone or I pad.  The girls above are sitting in my new chair and a half.  I love it.  I can sit with the grands or both dogs or have two sweet girls sit in it together.
 
These are our overnighters for tonight.  My K-Bug on the right.  Her parents are out of town with Goose so we get her, yippee.  So funny that her two best friends are our best friends daughters.  You ask, "What are they doing?"  One of my Shirley Temple Facebook groups are doing a Flat Shirley.  Have you heard of Flat Stanley?  Well, it is where the Shirley travels to different states.  Whoever is the hostess takes pictures of taking Shirley places or what she does in your home.  Yes, I feel like I am in the first grade.  My grands think it is funny.
We just returned from Tumbleweeds and to see "Finding Dorie".  We went to the game room for a few minutes but left rather quickly.  The girls were getting looks from boys.  A girl came up and asked how old our granddaughters were.  When we said 12 she took off to tell her friends.  K. Bug's friend is only 12 and about 5'8".  Goodness, I am not ready for this stage at all.
So what else have I not told you.....hmmmmmm  I had a big day at the dentist.  Glad that is over.  I went to my rheumatologist for the follow up on the third blood test that was positive for a marker. But nothing came out positive and I am released.  That's a relief.  I haven't had any of the other issues.  My side and hip pain has left.  I am really thinking I had kidney stones even though the scan was negative.  It may have been too late for anything to show up.    So I am back to my old self. 
We finally got the boxes unloaded from the spare bedroom.  Good thing because of the sleepovers.  I was gifted beautiful quilts for the beds.  Hopefully I will be able to share those someday when I figure the posting pictures thing soon.
This coming week is my husband's last week and then he retires.  Well, he did say he would work a couple days a week.  I am so excited for him to for the first time ever not to be working 10 hour days.  I think wants he gets the great feeling of waking up when you want and not having to have your day dictated to you.  Well the dogs do dictate our days but that is different.
S0, I hope you are all enjoying your summer.  The heat is not my friend but I have plenty of things to do to avoid as much as possible. 
Be back sooner than this last time.
Toodles

9 comments:

vivian said...

Good morning Deb! How nice that you have the girls overnight. and how awesome for your husband that he will be able to retire!! I look forward to that day for myself.. but I dont really want to rush it because then I have to get older! lol!
SPent the last two days at the beach with kids.. need to go back today with out them so I can relax!
have a great day!
xoxo
vivian

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so happy for your husband! It's wonderful to have choices about how to spend your time. And looks like you're having fun! Love the Shirley doll and this idea. Hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Debby, So glad you are getting to enjoy time with those sweet girls. Tell your husband congratulations on his retirement. I hope he gets to enjoy sleeping and going places. His new calendar will have Six Saturdays and One Sunday for every week. LOL
I love the flat Shirley, my granddaughter had a flat Savannah that went many places. Blessings, to you, stay well. xoxo, Susie
p.s. glad you feel like yourself again.

PatC - All is Bright said...

Debby. - my husband retired the last day of April and he is enjoying it. The folks from his job have called him to see if he wants to come back and he tells them - no chance! Happy retirement for him. The girls are beautiful. Get use to the boys looking at them lol. Take care sweet lady.
Hugs
PatC

Joy Junktion said...

Oh Congratulations to your hubby! What a sweet time you will have together! Enjoy the blessings to come! Love your flat Shirley! That is a fun idea and I'm sure she will travel and adventures! Blessings, Cindy xo

genie said...

A happy hubby...a happy wife...and the children really growing up....just like my Eloise. How time flies. genie

Edna B said...

Your girls are beautiful. it's good that you can spend so much time with them. Congratulations to your hubby on his retirement. Your cake tops are lovely. Gosh, where do you get all your energy? Have a wonderful week my friend, hugs, Edna B.

Unknown said...

You are the best kind of Grammy in the world! I love the adventures you go on. Your new chair seems super comfortable. I love that you get so many snuggles in. The girls will have these memories forever.

Enjoy the Little Things said...

I love the "finding Shirley" idea. When we downsized last year I sold my childhood Shirley Temple paper dolls on ebay. Now I may regret that decision.