Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving

Have I told you how much I love my Kindle. But, I push it to the limit.  I had written on this post but the words went bye bye.  So back to the computer.  The pictures were taken on the Kindle.  I wish I could figure out how to turn the camera so I could see the pictures I take.  They are blurry because of the lack of light.
I like my little Gingie in the kitchen propped against the little tree.  Piper photo bombed this picture. He is looking very guilty. 
I had an Origami Owl Open House with my friend that sells Jamberry Nails.  It was so icy that morning that only one person came.  I just don't have luck with Open Houses, do I.  Well, we had a showing later that same day so the cleaning was for a two for all.    I had these cute little dishes out for sugar cookies and spiced cider.  The cups are really tiny.  I got these from an outlet sale at Hartstone Pottery.


My granddaughter Goose asked for an American Girl bike for Christmas.  Have you seen the price on them.  Well, I decided to look on Ebay.  New ones were going for $300 plus dollars.  I found one that was minus a pedal.  I bid on it and ended up with the highest bid.  I was competitive for a first timer.  When it arrived the pedal wasn't there and there was other parts missing.  Still a good deal.  I took it to the bike shop.  The guy there wouldn't even look at it.  He was rude.  So I took it to the guy that can fix anything.  My granddaughter's other grandpa.  He's going to see if he can get it more presentable.  He thinks that someone tried to ride it.  I said it must have been a clown.  It took a couple of seconds for him to get that one.
I was surprised how detailed this bike was.  I put the water bottle by it so you can see the size.

Now you will love this one............Mabel was at my house last week.  I asked her if she saw that I had started decorating for Christmas.  She said she saw that and why would I do that when we need to celebrate another holiday first.  She is FIVE.  (Diana, doesn't this remind you of S.C.)
So I will close on this for now. The dogs are not happy with the guys cutting down the tree that is "leaning" on the neighbor's fence.  We had big winds yesterday.  The only time we have ever talked to him it's been about a tree on his fence.  What do they say about good fences make good neighbors?

  Happy Thanksgiving  everyone.

14 comments:

Linda said...

Thank you and to YOU, my dear!!!

Susie said...

Debby, I love how sweet you are to everyone. If I lived near enough, I'd be at your open house. That bike is very cute. I bet the grandpa will do his best. Blessings to you Debby and your wonderful family, xoxo,Susie

Julia said...

I thought the bike was a full size for $300. I hope you didn't pay too much for it since there were parts missing. Very cute.

Sorry the weather has not cooperated for your jewellery party and the open house.

Happy Thanksgiving Debby. I hope that you have a great one.
Hugs,
JB

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That bike really does look like the real thing, doesn't it? And your little Gingie is so sweet with your decorations. I like your banner, too! I think we both need Santa to bring us a new dollie, don't you? Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Hugs, Diane

PatC - All is Bright said...

Happy Thanksgiving Debby!

Kelly said...

I've heard that those American Girl doll products are expensive. I don't have any girls, so I haven't ever bought them. (Thank goodness!) I thought that was too funny what your granddaughter said about the holiday. She really is like Sweet Cheeks! LOL! I like that kind of spunk in girls though.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such a sweet bike. You are a good grandma getting it. Have a wonderful thanksgiving.

Shirley said...

Hi Debby, You never know what kids are going to say. American Girl is very proud of their dolls and accessories. I think I am just going to do money and let them shop after Christmas. Their present will be Uncle John will be home the 27th of December and they can't wait. Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Take care. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend Shirley

Mary said...

What a sweet grandma you are finding the AG bike for your grand daughter. The detail is amazing.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Love the little bike!

Happy Thanksgiving, blessing to you and your family.....

Edna B said...

The bike looks wonderful, and I'm sure the other grandpa can do wonders fixing it. The little one will be so happy to get it.

It reminds me of when I was a little girl growing up. My daddy was a wonderful Mr. Fix-It. He could make anything look wonderful and new again.

If Izzy's teeth are hurting, maybe they need to be pulled. It's possible the ASPCA can help you with the cost for this. I feel bad that her little mouth is hurting.

When my Pogo was rescued, his mouth was so badly infected that he needed a lot of surgery. Having no teeth means that I have to be creative about what he cam eat, but we manage to keep his little belly happy.

Pogo and I want to wish you, your family and your fur babies a Very Happy Thanksgiving Day.

Hugs, Edna B.

Donna said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Debby! I love the dolls in your header, they are beautiful. Wow, hard to believe those small bikes are so pricey, yikes!

Pam Kessler said...

That is a great bike. Why in the world would someone ever pay $300+ for one. Have a great holiday!

Art and Sand said...

I hope the bicycle can be fixed. It seems crazy that a small bike that won't last a growing child that long would cost so much money.

Hope the sale of the house is coming along.

Happy Thanksgiving.