Saturday, November 8, 2014

New finds to share

  I found this little tool box at one of the barn sales.  Rusty and a perfect blue.  A sweet new doll from Pat C. of All is Bright.  (Not from the barn sales)  Her hair and flower are a really hot pink color.  Lighting wasn't good enough to show the right colors.
 
  Seems like a long time since I posted.  Not really but a lot has been going on.  I promised to show you pictures of the things I bought at the sales last week-end.  There were lots of church sales this week-end but I didn't go. 
Little O. started back at day care because mom got a job with regular hours.  We both think it will be good for her.  Of course, I will still see her.  I miss the little stinker.  My dogs don't.
Let's see my blood work came back.  Everything normal even my cholesterol.  I told the nurse that although that would be wonderful, perhaps she should recheck.  Well, they didn't check for cholesterol.  I will have to have another draw for that.  Nope.......not at my expense.
Then I went to the ortho doctor for my shoulder.  They did x-rays.  They could see arthritis in the shoulder but that doesn't show tears.  The plan is 6 weeks of therapy twice a week, then a return appointment.  If that doesn't fix it, a steroid shot.  Then if that doesn't work, and MRI to see if there is a tear.  If there is, surgery on my rotator cuff.  I think it's the ailment from having to clean so often.  Two of my friends had to have the surgery when there houses were listed.  (Did, I tell you that before?)  Okay, it isn't going to go that far, I'm pretty positive it won't.  Thank goodness my husband has been running the Dyson for me all this time.  It would have been a lot worse.  Oh anti-inflammatory meds too.
But the good news was that I had lost 30 lbs in the last six weeks. ( This is the doctor I went to for my trigger finger.  The cortisone shot he gave me then has really healed it.)  They weighed me on a digital scale.  I asked the nurse what I weighed the last time.  She acted a little miffed about looking it up.  When she came back in the room I asked if she checked it.  She went back out and came back in the room and said that she wanted to weigh me again.  I knew it was wrong but oh how nice that looked on the scale.  I have lost 20 plus pounds over the past 1 1/2 years.
I also had my flu shot and picked up orders for a chest x-ray and mammogram.  I had a return appointment with my family doctor for Monday to go over the x-ray and blood work.  Well, they never told me that I was to get the chest x-ray.  So I postponed that til I do.  I also have my sleep study this week to see why my oxygen levels are so low.  Actually to monitor them while I sleep.  They are letting me do a home study since I have such a problem falling asleep.  Whew.......glad I have met my deductible this year.  Still with the deductible and 20 %, it adds up.  Nothing compared to friends that are going through some major medical things.
I still watch M. and Mabel  one night a week.  We are watching them tomorrow so their parents can attend a meeting.
Yesterday school was closed.  I took Goose and K,Bug and her best friend to see "The Book of Life".  Not our first choice but I had to get the girls back for their cross fit class.  Geez.  My granddaughter's best friend is my friends daughter and a former pre-schooler.  SO fun listening to them giggle like pre teens.
I also watched a one year old this week.  I will be watching him for a few hours one day a week for awhile.  He's a cutie but he really missed his mommy.
I managed to get some groceries yesterday as well. 
Hubby was being sweet and did dishes this morning.  Later he went to turn on the water and we didn't have any.  When you have a well, this is scary.  He's pretty sure it is the hot water heater that lives in a concrete pit outside the house.  We called the plumber, the lottery winner, but he hasn't returned our call yet.  So no water all day.  I made chili and brownies for dinner.......amazing how many times I went to turn on the water.  Not having water means no flushing.  Hubby went and bought some gallon bottles of water and drinking water.  We will fill them back up if we need to.  Times like this you feel like a pioneer.


This cute Ginger from ToadSews is posing in front of this little caddy I found at another barn sale.  It had the greenery in it but I thought it wasn't real.  When I unpacked it there were needles everywhere.  So before I took it apart, I added some candles and had Ginger pose for you.  I was a little afraid that the candle might catch the greens or the dolls hair on fire.  I have bad luck with candles you know.

And, I finished these cuties for the Christmas mini swap.  I'm not sure what to call them.  I decided Christmas Woodland Fairy.  (Hubby thought they were drummer boys)
Some have candy cane wings and the others toile for the wings.  I didn't have enough of the candy canes.  They have acorn caps for hats. 
Okay, well that's it for now.  I am going to retreat to the bedroom with my cup of Sleepy Time Tea and a new read on the Kindle.  (My husband is watching the OSU game and the dogs and I like things to be a little quieter)  I do apologize because the paragraphs didn't end up where I planned on them too.  Too tired to do over.
Toodles

17 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That's great that you basically received a good bill of health except for your cholesterol and arthritis! I hope therapy helps. xoxo

Linda said...

Checkups can be wonderful - my last one was pretty good - but they still make me nervous!
Loved hearing about your days and your HANDY hubby!!! I have one of those....

Claudia said...

You've been very busy, Debby! Feel better, my friend. Love your mini creations.

xo
Claudia

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A precious little dollie from Pat! Oh, how I love those big eyes and sweet faces. This one is special with the pretty hair! And I love your Gingie doll! We should gather our 'toys' and plan a play date! heehee! Hope you have a happy day! Hugs, Diane

Julia said...

Debby, I'm glad you're having things checked out and congratulations on your weigh loss and good report.

I hope you can get a good night sleep and that your arthritic shoulder feel normal soon. I too have arthritis and I know how it feels. I take Advil when it hurts for inflamation.
Cute little Winterland fairies and dolls.

Hugs,
JB

Susie said...

Debby, It's always something isn't it.It's like where is the peace. I hate that your water isn't working. Did your husband check the breaker to the well. I am hoping for you it's something simple. You sound like you've had a busy time of it. Blessings for a smooth day . xoxo,Susie

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope you don't have to be a pioneer very long. Not having water is the pits. Love your sweet little dolls (the ones you've purchased) and your little creations. Take good care of yourself!

Carla from The River said...

Thank you for the update. :-)
Glad to hear you are doing well.
I do pray for the days ahead.

Cute dolls. They make me smile.

Japolina said...

I love that doll. Great find. Keep up the good work on your health!

Edna B said...

What good news that your check up went well. My last one was pretty good too. So sorry to hear about the water. Hopefully, it will be fixed and back on soon. I would be so lost without my water.

Your little dolls are beautiful, and that dolly with the big eyes is just gorgeous.

We're having some weather for a couple more days. Here's hoping some of it goes your way too. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I haven't been to any doctor in 2 years, not even for a checkup. Some people might think that is a bad thing, but sometimes I think doctor's just do things for the sake of doing them. My doctor told me I was stubborn because I didn't want to take the medicine she prescribed.

I hope that whatever is wrong with your shoulder gets sorted out. The older we get, the longer it takes things to heal, that's for sure.

We run out of water sometimes here. Never a good thing.

Love your little woodland fairies. Have a great week. Tammy

must love junk said...

Love your little tool box! Congrats on losing weight-that's great :)
And good luck on your water-such an inconvenience! We sure take stuff like that for granted, don't we?
Susan

Kelly said...

I hope you can get your shoulder healed without surgery! That sounds painful. I know all about anti-inflammatory drugs since I see a rheumatologist. Sometimes they don't do enough though. It's good that you have husband helping you with housework. Whenever my bursitis acts up in my hip, I can't do very much.

White Lace and Promises said...

Love your little dollies. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time. It's great that you've lost so much. Wow! That's hard work. I lost 31/2 pounds tonight a t Weight Watchers. I'm thankful the baby steps that I have taken.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Boy, you sure are busy! I have a run of dr appointments and tests, too. Hopefully, than can get my pain under control. I love all your cute toys and crafts! Stay warm!
Blessings,
susie

Art and Sand said...

Oh, my! You sound like your health issues are much worse than mine. Steve had a complete shoulder replacement and he has been told by many that the recovery from it is much easier than the recovery from rotator cuff. I hope you don't need the surgery.

All your finds are fun.

Cranberry Morning said...

Nice finds. Love that tool box. I sure hope you can avoid rotator cuff surgery. This sounds very painful.