Saturday, January 11, 2014
I thought I would use the picture instead of taking a picture outdoors today. I woke up to all of our snow being melted. We are having a warm up, which is a good thing. But in my book, there should be snow on the ground if it is winter. I think all of our furnaces and pipes need a rest from the freezing cold. We had pipes that froze and busted. No water damage though, because our pump is in a hole in the ground. Our hot water heater shares the space with the pump. It's very weird, and not our idea.
Good news on Deb. She was able to talk on the phone after yet another surgery. She may be transferred back to the local hospital. Hoping they can start treatment for the cancer soon. She has to be strong to have gone through the endless surgeries and complications.
Basketball starts up today after the long holiday. Baby O. is coming for a visit. I can't wait to see her.
When I'm not watching M and M, I feel so lazy. Just read blogs and do the basics to get buy. I need to be more productive. Maybe it's the post holidays readjustment. It seems that we are non-stop getting ready for everything and then BAM it's over.
I still don't have a word for the year yet. Last year's word was enJOY. It turned out to be a good word for the year. So I am thinking or looking for a postive word for the year. I have a couple ideas that I should decide soon. I know that you are all waiting to hear, hah.
Remember the 20 Wishes....the book I read and I talked about choosing those wishes. I am going to do that for sure. Kinda like a check list for ........so here is a start. (There is no rhyme or reason to the order of this list) These are not resolutions but wishes. Therefore if I fail, I will not feel as guilty. Way to be positive, right.
1. To try the Paleo Diet. Not a diet but a lifestyle change. I don't know if I can do it but I want to try.
2. I want to be able to reduce the amount of medication that I take on a daily basis.
3. Walk or swim on a regular basis.
4. Spend less time on the computer
5. Find a new church. One that is small enough to get involved and know each other.
6. Create more. I need to use up supplies and make all those things that I have been wanting to. (So sad that Archivers is going out of business.)
7. Redo the bedrooms. Kinda shop the house kind of redo plus paint. I have all the accessories just need the blank canvas.
8. Paint more.......furniture wise.
9. Spend time with good friends that I haven't seen for awhile.
10. Volunteer somewhere. I used to be a full time volunteer. When we adopted our son I put that on hold. He was so high maintenance I just couldn't do it anymore. The places that I want to volunteer at may not be a good idea. I can't (won't) adopt any children or animals......and think I need to avoid those areas. We will see what comes up.
Okay, time for you to wake up....if you made it this far, I will save you the suffering and continue another time.
I am off to work on a project for my friend Genie. It has to do with snow.......imagine that.
I am thinking of another swap Any ideas, ladies.