Sunday, December 5, 2010

Catching up























I was gone for only a week but this Grammy got to celebrate several special events. First Thanksgiving, here and there.......the granchildrens' elves arriving, Christmas with my daughter and her family, celebrating a first birthday. (Birthday pictures soon)
The very first pictures brings back some fond memories. When this little girl's Daddy was little he carried the J C Penney Catalog everywhere with him. For two years he even took it with him to see Santa. I remember telling him that Santa was in a hurry as others were waiting. Santa looked at me and said, "No. I have time."

Now that was a great Santa. It was outdoors in
New Concord, Ohio just after the Christmas parade. Children were surrounding this poor guy waiting to tell them their wishes. When I saw my granddaughter looking at the Christmas ads so intensely, I grabbed my camera.
As you can see my photos aren't perfect, actually kind of blurry, but capturing that moment meant alot to me. Our children grow up so fast, don't they? Memories do last forever. Capturing them is even better.
I had a rough time getting over missing these four and getting back in the groove again. I have had so much fun reading all your holiday decorating blogs. I have gotten a good bit of mine done and I will share soon. On Saturday I got to meet a few Buckeye Bloggers (Ohio). We met at the French Hen Barn Sale. What a wonderful sale. I will show you my goodies in another post. We also did some other shopping and had lunch. It is fun meeting other bloggers and hear how blogging has changed their lives. It sure has changed mine.





7 comments:

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Hi Debby....Your grandchildren are precious! Being a grandmother is the best, isn't it? It is like having our own children all over again! Are you getting snow??? It is pretty white over my way!~Hugs, Patti

Nan said...

Well they are all so such sweet little things, enjoy it as you are right it goes so fast.

La said...

I had a wonderful time Saturday. Aren't the Christmas Elves fun? A friend of mine's child has an elf that visits this time of year. I love to hear the stories. La

Julie Harward said...

What a cute bunch of little angels! Have a good Christmas week! ;D

Pinecone said...

Your grandkids are so cute and sweet!! Every age with kids is fun...but ohhhh when they are the ages of your grandchildren the holidays are so much fun.
thx for sharing,
Ashlyn

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You are so blessed!

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Oh my - the first photo is especially wonderful! What a treasure!