Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Home Sweet Home

Hubby and I arrived home yesterday.  We actually left for the airport at 3:30 a.m.
An uneventful flight home, yippee.  Scooped up our doggies and brought them home.  First thing in the door were baths for both of them.  Then jammies for us.....4:oo p.m., hah.
Today I am still in those jammies and it is 1:00 p.m.  Soon to change as we are having a cookout at my sons'.  My other son's wife and kids are in town from Colorado.(Yes, that is from where I returned)
I am missing Sweet Baby Q. in my arms today.  He is 7 months now and just a bundle of smiles and doing new things every day.  I was the designated  "rock him to sleep person" .  We all call it the water bed effect.  Although he smiled and laughed constantly he would not sleep.  He went to the doctor yesterday and both ears were infected.  Poor little man.
I wanted to share the inside of my altered box,  that Brenda of Cozy Little House won, before I mail it tomorrow.
Also wanted to show you a couple of things I purchased while I was away.  Love these measuring cups from World Market and they were only $9.99.  Did you know that Country Home has a special magazine out.  Yippee.  They are supposed to have another in September.  I am so excited.  I hope they return monthly but until then I will enjoy this issue for sure.
The other picture is of my sweet furry babies.  They are worn out but glad to be freed from boarding.  Also, my pile of mail that I am sorting through. 
Now....I'm off to get out of these jammies, go to the store and get some gluten free things to eat and then to see my other 4 grandbabies.

8 comments:

Sherri B. said...

Glad your trip back was smooth. Poor little one, ear infections are just plain nasty and they can't tell us what's wrong. Thanks for letting us know about Country Home..I miss it so much. I would say get some rest but not with more Grandma time needed by the little ones. Have fun!

Junebug said...

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip and a very safe uneventful return. Grandbabies are all so precious! Thanks for the heads up on Country Home, I also miss it. So off to the store after work I will go. Enjoy your evening being Grandma!

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Welcome home!! Glad you're back and glad you had a lovely time. :)
I love the measuring cups and your other treasures. I did the same thing on our trip. My "souvenirs" were crafting/sewing supplies. haha. :) Have fun at the cookout!

Sherri B. said...

Here is a great blog for your gluten free diet. She is reading up on all kinds of things and she is just a doll too, you'll like her. Hope you can get some good ideas from her....... www.roostblog.com

Cindy said...

Yeah you are home..but I wished you could have stayed longer with the grandbabies..I know how you miss them!!My daughter from Abilene and my grandson Christopher..and our new 3mo old Emma are here with me for the week at my mom's..she is helping me keep my sanity..lol
I need to visit a world market you always find the cutest things. Welcome home!!

Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Your box is lovely...she will love it. Welcome home to you and the wee fur ones!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Debby I was wondering if you were home yet. Glad you are back safe and sound but you have to be tired. I don't blame you staying in your pj's.
I so need a trip to somewhere...
Love what Brenda won...she is one lucky lady. Her site too is always enjoyable to visit.
Just enjoy your kids and stay cool
Love
Maggie

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Love your beautiful fur babies. They look like they are truly glad to be back in their home.
Congratulations to lucky dog Brenda on winning the lovely altered box.