Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Family and just a little chatting

I am having a bit of withdrawal from non-stop family get togethers.  I still have been watching two of the local grands while mom teaches at the exercise studio, but just a couple hours.  It always takes a week for me to get used to things settling down.
What else have I been doing.  Just bouncing back from a tummy bug or a Celiac attack.  Who knows.  Just glad it is better now.  I find that I can't cheat at all.  By cheating I mean a couple of bites of bread. 
It's hot out.  Just saw a weather map that is predicting a cooler August than normal.  Yeah, that's perfect for me.  Last week the weather was cooler and amazing.
The neighbors have been cutting down trees since 8 a.m. and it is now 3 p.m.  We are talking professional tree people.  Down is the gigantic leaning tree.  I can't see what else they have been doing.  They haven't asked me to move my car. They are working where I can't see and have been awhile.  I may have to switch from shade to sun plants.  I have to take my son to the doctor and hoping I can get down our lane to get out. The chain saws are a bit annoying.  Sometimes I forget and think that Izzy, the Yorkie, is snoring loudly.  She can keep up with the best in that department for sure.
No showings since the open house.  Sure hope we didn't jinx the market.  That happened when we listed four years ago  Hoping things pick up soon, real soon.  I am staying positive and not going to throw the towel in.  Too much work to do it again.  Looking so forward to my new cozy space.  I drove by yesterday and wished to myself for it to happen soon.
I started making mini banners for the mini swap that I signed up for.  Luckily I could find my paper and punches.
I will soon have a giveaway  I have been lucky to win a couple recently.  I always feel that I should pay if forward.  It will be stamping supplies.  I also will be parting with many stamp sets as our new place (oh let it be) will not be big enough for all that I have.
It sure feels like school is starting with all the advertising and talk about "back to school."  Being in a family of teachers I hear a lot of school talk.  Miss Mabel will be going to K full time.  I am sure I will be watching M and M before or after school.  I will still have Miss O on Thursdays.  It's funny that every year my jobs differ. 
I came across a special on canvases.  So I ordered this picture on one.  It will only be a 11 x 14.  My daughter liked this shot since everyone was doing their own thing.  I had yelled for them to look at me and that's what I got.  (It is a little different than the one that I posted before.)  My DIL has a camera with a foot long lens.  Wish she had offered to do pictures.  She didn't so this was the best I got with a point and shoot.  Can you see Mabel in the front with the net on her face, hah. 
I haven't been out to shop it seems forever.  But I have been ordering things online.  Watch everything will arrive at the same time.  They are all things that I really need, right. 
Well, friends.  Hoping your are enjoying your summer days with sunshine, swimming pools and lightening bugs.  I tell my littles they are fairies.


10 comments:

Kimberly said...

I've been doing alittle shopping too online. Love to get packages in the mail!

Susie said...

Debby, You busy lady !!! I laugh at you and me. My gosh we are some what alike. Kids and more kids. I am having Savannah this weekend and Emma will be back on Sunday to stay one night here with Savannah....and on Monday, I will be bald. LOL. But school is starting in August, yikes, you know if it were us going back to school we'd be crying...so soon. I love the picture. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you live close to family and get to spend special time. I sure miss mine! And I saw school supplies out at Wal mart yesterday! And it's still July! I love ordering online. We like a lot of the same Etsy shops, don't we? heehee! Hugs, Diane

Julia said...

I can't understand why you are not getting any showing either.... Must be too hot. Hopefully by Fall your house will be sold. My nephew can't sell his house either in another town.

I think you need kids around you to keep you young. My, you sure keep yourself busy.

I'm not much of a shopper and don't even shop on line much either. I have bought some books now and then, that's all. I'm one who needs to see and touch what I buy. lol... Must be getting old ... that's it, I'm old fashion.... lol

Hugs,
JB

Blondie's Journal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blondie's Journal said...

I love that darling picture of the kids...it really is so cute that they are all doing different things!

The end of summer will be here soon. I'm trying to get hubby to sneak in one more week of vacation, just to relax at the lake. I've heard it's going to be cool here, too. It only 68 right now!!

I will say a prayer for on the house.

Jane xx

Edna B said...

This is not really the best weather for house hunting. Hot an sticky doesn't always bring out the folks. Maybe once the temps get a little bit cooler thngs will begin to happen.

You have such a beautiful family, and it's wonderful that you are able to enjoy them so.

Today we are enjoying a day in the 70's. Woo Hoo!! I love this kind of weather, and wouldn't mind it all summer long.

You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Winkel's Crazy Ideas said...

Oh, how lovely, l never thought of that, telling them they are fairies! How really sweet, l love imagination :)! Best of luck with your house sale, don't worry, suddenly it will go. As someone said to me when our house was taking time to sell " remember, you only need one buyer". Pam xx

Cranberry Morning said...

Celiac is a pain, isn't it. Literally. I love the photo of the kids all having fun together. It's so cheering!

Kelly said...

Yes, school is starting back soon. It will start 8/7 here. Sorry you've been down with a stomach bug. That's no fun! Hopefully, you're better by now. I love shopping online. Then you have something to look forward to!