Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Week-end

 Thanks to all that have served and continue to serve our country.  This is my son a few years ago teaching his nephew how to salute.
We took our sweet granddaughters to The Ole Mill Ice Cream Festival.  Lots of activities and tons of people.
This was the line if you wanted a Velvet Ice Cream cone.
The girls wanted their faces painted.  Don't they look cute........of course, I would think so.
After we were finished at the festival, Mr. Cozy and I returned home to get ready to attend our son's baptism.  This is our youngest, our adopted son.  He has had so many obstacles. This is one decision that we let him make on his own.  We are not Mormons but we are so proud of him for going through all the steps to become one.  They have accepted him for who he is and love him.  The only Mormon family I knew before blogging was a neighbor of ours.  Just so happens that this neighbor is the Ward Leader (I may not be using the correct term.).  He reassured us that this was only the beginning of good things to happen for Chris.  I have been following several bloggers of the Mormon faith.  My husband said the same thing that I have said about my blogging friends last night when we left the baptism........the people are so nice.  It was a private ceremony with just a few people.  They were people that cared about our son.  I am so glad that he now has a church family. 
The rest of our holiday has been working around the house.  We are making so big changes.......at least big in our little world.  I feel like we are getting ready for a big event.  Well, we kind of are.  Our daughter and her children are coming for a visit soon.  She hasn't been here for about 5 years.  We go to Colorado to see her.  It will be the second time for her daughter to come here and the first for her son.  It will be so much fun.  There is alot more to her visit but I will explain that later as it is confusing but exciting too.
I hope your week-end went well.
Take time to thank someone in a uniform the next time you see one.
Also, don't forget the people on Oklahoma.  My heart still breaks for them. 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, the painted cutiepies are adorable! The are cute with or without paint!!!

Good to know your son has found a place.....it's hard for some people to know where they belong but it sounds like he's thought it out and made a decision to change his life. Good for him.

Love the photo on top....learning to salute! So charming!

Hugs to you. My friend in OKC just missed the tornado by 2 blocks. That is WAY too close for comfort! They are now on the list to get a shelter! Good.....it scares me!

Jan

PatC - All is Bright said...

The girls look adorable. Great job on the face painting. I'm happy for your son. It doesn't matter what religion one chooses as long as one believes. I'm sending good wishes to him

Hugs
Pat

Art and Sand said...

It sounds like you had a touching Memorial Day weekend.

I hesitate to comment on your posts because they usually get bumped back. I hope you get this one.

Musings from Kim K. said...

A very emotional memorial day indeed. Continued blessings for your son. Darling pictures of your granddaughters.

Edna B said...

Your granddaughters are just beautiful. It looks like they are having such a wonderful time. Congratulations and Blessings for your son for finding his faith.

Thank you for your well wishes. I do think I may be on the mend now. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Karen Mortensen said...

What a nice weekend you had. Congratulations to your son. I wish him all the best. (I am LDS too)

vivian said...

great pics Deb, I think the girls are adorable too! how wonderful that your son has found a christian faith and church family to support him! I know it is a blessing for you as well.
looking forward to hearing the story about your daughter coming to visit. Have a great week!
xoxo
vivian

NanaDiana said...

I am so happy about Chris finding a faith that works for him. I have met so many wonderful Mormon women here in blogland.

I am happy to finally have a computer that is up and running. We really need to catch up. Hope your daughter's visit will be a good one- xo Diana

At Home in English Valley said...

Wish we were closer, I am an expert at hospitality! I have been changing sheets, rolling towels, shopping and stocking the fridge, gardening, entertaining...it takes a lot out of a person hosting guests, even family. ;-). It will be worth it for all the love, hugs and kisses you will receive. Bless your son. You can never have too much love and support.
Take care my friend, love your painted pretties! Love, Penny

Perfectly Printed said...

So happy for you to have your daughter and her family coming for a visit!! Enjoy! You must be so proud of your son!

bj said...

Hi Debby...how exciting to have your daughter coming. I know ya'll will have so much fun.
xo bj