Friday, August 27, 2010

School Days Are Here Again

School is open and I am a part of it.  Here is my lunch box and my badge and if you look close enough,  my pink fleece jacket.  Yep, a jacket.  The last two mornings have been cool. 
Actually this morning it was only 52 degrees.  I turned the heat on in the car.  It will be in the 80's later today.  I always find this strange that it can go to sooooo hot and cool down like this in the evenings.  I can remember when my son played football.  The first game was either blasted hot or freezing cold.  Right now I am wrapped in my COZY BLANKET.
My new job is going well. 
Alot of kids in the before and after school program. I must admit, I am having problems remembering names and which kids belong to which parents.    I get to see my granddaughter walk into the school building as I leave.
 
Yesterday I worked the school program from 6-9 a.m. and then subbed at the child care with toddlers from 9-noon.  Then a couple errands and lunch, then back at school.  There from 3-6 then off to watch my granddaughters til 8:30 p.m.  My DIL lost her grandfather yesterday.  I must admit I called my son and hinted that I was really getting tired.  I haven't slept well this week.....hoping that changes soon.  So yesterday was a bit much for an old lady.
While at the day care yesterday I visited my Goose that is attending there full days.  I miss her so much.  Well, she cried.  When Goose's Mama and Daddy got home last night I was sitting on her bed as she was crying herself to sleep.   She was saying, " I love my sister so much."  We had tried to all go to sleep in her sister's bed.  No one was getting sleepy except Grammy, so I had Goose go to her own bed.  Her parents came in shaking their heads.  Poor Goose cried about something all day.  My poor little Goose.
So, if I can get the doggies to let me, I think I will attempt a short nap before returning to school.  I am hoping that when I start sleeping at night,  I won't need a nap.
I hope that school is off to a good start for all your children and grandchildren.  Have a great week-end.  ((((HUGS))))

6 comments:

Beverly {Flamingo Toes} said...

Poor little Goose. My heart just goes out to her - and you. I hope she adjusts quickly!
Sounds like it's been a crazy week for you too though! I hope you get some rest. Are you enjoying it? I'm glad you get to see your granddaughter a little. :)

Anonymous said...

Glad your new job is going well, it sounds like you are kept very busy. Sorry you are tired and not sleeping well.

Sorry about your DIL grandfather.

All those tears from your little Goose, hope she feels better and the tears go away very soon.

Have a great weekend and get a nap when you need it until you get to sleeping better at night. Hugs

Nan said...

Sorry about your DIL's loss.
I love the gnome lunch box you know I'm a gnome person !!

Suzanne said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your DIL's grandfather. And your sweet little goose...I always hoped for excellent teachers...but only ones with a warm and cozy heart need apply, thank you;)
What a blessing to be able to be a part of their lives while at school.
Hope it's a great school year after all!

nanniepannie said...

Hey Debbie, Nanniepannie here, thanks for stopping by and becoming a follower. I love it, as you see I've just recently started bloging and don't have many followers. From reading your post, sounds like to need to be kind to YOURSELf, take some time for you, it is important. Thanks again.
Nancy

Cornbread Fed said...

LOVE that lunchbox! :)