Friday, June 8, 2012

Do Not Text and Drive

We start young in our family. We all know how horrible this can turn out. Why do I still see so many people doing this.
I also posted this picture because of an accident that recently happened. A little guy was riding a John Deere battery operated tractor and it caught on fire. He was badly burnt. Experts tried to figure out what happened. He had been riding it for 30 minutes or so. The battery was hot but didn't cause the fire. They think it was from leaves and grass that had gotten into the inside of the tractor that actually ignited. So check for this if you have these kind of toys. Don't let the children ride for long periods of time. And above all else, supervise. His parents were there and rushed to him but he still was badly burnt. This picture is not the child that got burnt......this is my youngest grandson. This was his first time riding his cousin's toy. He would push the pedal but wouldn't put his hands on the steering wheel.
NO WORD FROM VIV ABOUT JACOB YET. This could mean many things......just hoping that she is worn out from holding and kissing him. I will post as soon as I see something from her.
My cat sitting is coming to an end. The cats are totally hiding from me. They are mostly outdoor cats and they haven't been outside in a week. I thought I killed their little fish. I was sure it was dead and was going to bury him today. But Fishy was swimming this morning. Thank goodness.
It has gotten me out and about. Yesterday I got some plants to finish up my planting. Not much for shade is there. I also made another fairy garden. I am excited as tomorrow is the Wine and Cheese Festival where I bought my house for the first garden two years ago. I am hoping that vendor is there this year.
Not many plans for the week-end as it is going to be hot and I am not feeling so hot right now either. Hope the rest of you have a super week-end.

5 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

I want to see that fairy garden!
Brenda

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

My kids had a power Jeep and also a batmobile as little kids (both gifts from grandparents). They had a lot of fun with those, but seemed to like the pedal toys just as much. Maybe more. They could go darn fast on that Big Wheel!

Unknown said...

Thank you Miss Debby for visiting. She's a little better but sleeping now. Take care. James

Grammy Goodwill said...

I never would have thought of a battery catching fire like that. Also, I'm ashamed to admit this, but my son texts and drives a lot. It worries me so much and I beg him not to.
I hope you have a great weekend.

NanaDiana said...

I hope you are feeling better tonight, Debby. It was so good to hear the news from Viv.

Scary about the fire-leaves and such-who would think? Poor little guy!

I am off to bed early tonight- It has been a long week- xo Diana