Thursday, May 24, 2012

My vintage finds and a little of the outdoors

First these are roses from my beautiful miniature rose bush.  This is the first year that it has bloomed so well.  They are in a cute little vase that I picked up at my favorite little shop White Cottage.

My vintage purchases from the Springfield Antique and Vintage Market.  Sweet sounding wind chimes.  The little blue star is made of tin and the chimes are spoons and etc.  They are attached by wire to an old old spindle.  Those are wild strawberries and tall grass for your viewing pleasure.  I decided to move the chimes around a little and think I like them placed near the little trike.  The little trike came with our adopted son when he moved in with us.  He had this, his loyal teddy bear named Joey, and a trash bag of clothes that didn't fit.  I wanted to repair it and never did, so I thought using it in my garden would make me smile.  Then the China Girl saw it.  She asked me what she could ride because I put that trike in the mud and she couldn't ride it.  Don't worry, I got out the riding toys and she was happy.  I have had the girls all week at random times.  They are in a dance recital this week-end, that I will miss.  Yesterday was her "hearsal" and of course she was riding the John Deer tractor in her full outfit .......oh my.......hope nothing got ruined.  She told me she was so excited about her"hearsal" and then said, What is  "hearsal."  When she came to pick up her sister she headed straight to the potty.  She came out stark naked the same time as My Cozy walked in.  Not like he hasn't had that experience before with 4 little granddaughters.
Oh, I got sidetracked, so sorry.
Next is the little vintage naked baby I bought for one dollar.  I wanted a small baby for a shadowbox I want to do.  This one was in a pile of other not so pretty dollies.  It's a drink and wet, hah.  And oh so dirty.  I sat her in the high chair that I bought last summer.  I spray painted it and was going to bring it inside for the girlies to play with.  I like it so well outdoors that I put a plant from my granddaughter on it by the door.  Dirty baby won't stay there but looked good in the picture.
I also found another old camera.  I want a small collection of them and I now have two.  I wish I would have kept all the cameras I have owned.
Okay, bloggy friends I need to get busy.  I still am watching children later today but tomorrow I am off.  I have quite a list of things to do BECAUSE Mr. Cozy and I are headed WEST on Saturday morning.  Early baby, we arrive at 8:30 a.m.  We have a dog sitter for part of the time and then our youngest will come and stay the last couple of days.  So I have to ready the house, write all kinds of notes, clean, do laundry, stop the mail, get my hair trimmed, pick up meds, water plants, do a little grocery shopping, pay bills.......guess who will sleep on the plane.  SO excited.  I haven't seen my two little families since December.  I don't usually go that long and I can't wait to see Eve, Patrick, Ann, and Ricco.  (all middle names)  Oh, and their mommies and daddies.  While we are there Patrick will turn 6.  I don't know if I will be posting while I am gone.  If not.......I'll be back in June.  Have a great Memorial Day.  Thanks to all that serve and the families that support them.
(((((((HUGS))))))

25 comments:

Kimberly said...

Have a good trip, Debby! Enjoy!

Grammy Goodwill said...

I had a red tricycle when I was a little girl - a long time ago.
Have a wonderful visit with your family.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Woohoo...I too had a tricycle like that one.

I'm quite smitten with those unique wind chimes! Great find sweetie!

Have yourself a fantastically blessed day!!! :o)

Syndi White said...

Love your purchases, especially those chimes! Have a wonderful visit with your family!

Polly said...

Beautiful roses and fun finds! I love White Cottage too!

Have a wonderful trip!!

Polly

Nellie said...

What fun finds at the Springfield Market!

Enjoy your trip, Debby!

Susie said...

Debby, I love the chimes. The blue all looks so good on it. Smiles, Susie

Sonny G said...

Love the chimes and the tricycle Debby. I had one just like it as a kid..

you found some terrific new treasures. thanks for sharing them with us..

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Debby, there are so many cute things here! The roses are so perfect, that at first I thought they were fake! lol
Love the windchime and baby!
And such a sweet story about the few things that your son showed up with when you adopted him!
Have a great time on your trip!
Erica

Sweet Posy Dreams said...

Happy Memorial Day to you, and hope you have a fun trip. Love your sweet roses!

Julia said...

Debby, I'm so glad that you are getting away for a little while. So much last minute things to do.

I love your miniature roses and the spoon chimes.
I hope that you'll have a great trip. JB

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip Debby. I got my swap gift in the mail today and I love everything! Thank you so very much for having the swap and allowing me to participate in it.

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, I have a thing for doll head images. I love it!

Gloria said...

Oh, that's so nice that you are going away and will see family. I'm sure you are so excited and happy. I love your miniature roses and your little tricyle too! I have one little miniature rose bush. I got one teeny flower on it, I took it off, now there's another one blooming and that's it. YOURS gets so many flowers! They are lovely. Well, Debby, I hope you have a wonderful trip! Godspeed!
Best,
Gloria

NanaDiana said...

Oh- You have been busy and are going to be even busier before you head West. Debby, Your garden looks great. I love your little windchime AND that baby doll is just precious. I don't think I will ever get away with putting a trike in the garden...too many little movers around here.

What sweet roses from your little bush- I am glad it bloomed for you. Hope you had a great day- xo Diana

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

Hi, Debby. I'm glad to see your purchases! We should've had a Show n Tell in the afternoon.

Thank you for commenting on my Memorial Day tribute, as the mom, wife, daughter of those who have served--THANK YOU to you too.

I hope Memorial Day at your house is a happy one. ~Zuni

Julia said...

Thanks for coming by my blog to visit with Patrice and Maggie. Her Majesty woke me up for a feeding and I ck my blog. Have fun on your vacation Sweetie. Hugs. JB

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

You sure have some cute treasures! I love collections of old cameras, too, though don't have any. Have a nice break!

xo
Becky

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Debby!
Thank you for your visit and nice comment!!
Your treasures are all so special! I especially love the trike with the basket of flowers on the handle. What a cute addition to the garden!
I so enjoyed reading your post and hope you have a fabulous time on your trip!!
Happy Memorial Day!
Lynn

Unknown said...

I love your wind chimes Deby. What a cute idea to use old silverware. I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day with your family. It is just too hot for my husband and I to enjoy outside. Looks like our cook out will be inside! Have a great day. E

Sue said...

Dirty Baby Doll cleaned up! She DID look kinda bad when I last saw her. LOL Have a wonderful time in Colorado. when you get back, we'll have to meet up so I can give you your prize from Sue Whitney. :-)
Hugs from Sue, the bossy one.....

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Great finds and your little roses are just beautiful.
I hope honey that you have a marvelous time and enjoy every minute.
Of course you have to take pics for us to see. lol
Be safe
Love
Maggie

Lynn B said...

Your roses are beauitiful. Have a great trip! Hugs, Lynn

Lynn B said...

Your roses are beauitiful. Have a great trip! Hugs, Lynn

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Love that red tricycle!

Too funny that you just bought those same curtains! Can't wait to see where you put yours. IKEA has the best stuff!